3. Norwegian Breakaway
Cruised out if new Orleans. Embarkation was easy and quick. Overall, ncl food was pretty good. Better that carnival dream. Ncl Taco shells on Mexican night buffet were perfect... Crunchy at fist bite and then melts in your mouth. Ricotta cheese cake was amazing. There other cakes were a bit dry. Service in dining rooms were slow. On carnival dream, each server addressed us by name and service was speedy. On the breakaway, only the host seating us greeted us by name. Lots of activities available for kids and adults on both ships. I think breakaway ship had more sport activities such as a ropes course, climbing wall and jump pad. The carnival dream had a high energized party atmosphere. Ncl had plenty of activities and lots of choices but was not as energized. Hiwver, the quality of the shows in the theater was significantly of higher quality. Dream shows were tacky. Our primary choice of activity is the thermal spa. Although smaller, we liked the thermal spa set up much better on the carnival dream. The ncl thermal spa was noisy and it was difficult to relax on the heated lounge chairs. Guests put there belongings on the chairs and prevented others from using it. On the dream, we didn't experience that. On the dream, the various features we're in separate rooms and it was much quieter and relaxing. However, the dream spa staff were constantly trying to sell services. The ncl staff did not push at all. If I were to sail out if new Orleans I would choose the carnival dream simply because of the better spa features. However, for better food, more activity choices and higher quality theater shows I would choose ncl breakaway.

Out of new Orleans...comparing carnival dream and ncl breakaway

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by charliedixon

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Balcony Stateroom

charliedixon’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Spa Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B9 14122
We we're I. The spa balcony... About 200 square feet... A bit cramped but serviceable.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins