• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Hoffbauer
10+ Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Interior

This is my second RC cruise, 20th overall cruise, this was the most disappointing. I believe in celebrating the positives so I'll start there. Nine days with great weather, met some awesome people and had the BEST/most enthusiastic activities staff EVER (on any ship or line).

Now why this got a two star: worst, most bland food of any cruise, Princess held this title for nine years but Navigator of the Seas now claims the title. I say this strictly from Windjammer and late seating main dining. My food was cold or luke warm when it should have been hot, and multiple dishes were straight up bland and flavorless. I addressed this during on board surveys and with waiters and head waiters, and even the staff seemed to know it. When the staff won't even drink the orange juice because it's color water there's a fundamental problem. To be fair the turkey dinner was good and the pizza in the promenade cafe was delicious.

Sadly at one point my fellow guests and I questioned if this was a corporate decision to make subpar food included so that you would pay the surcharge and eat at specialty restaurants. I cannot speak from first hand about any of these but three different groups had not been happy with hooked or the chop house either. Biggest complaint cold, bland food.

Interior

Cabin 1V

Port Reviews

Curacao

Long walk to city center but handicap accessible and clean.

Bonaire

More undeveloped but great charm.

4 Helpful Votes