3. Navigator of the Seas
This is my second RC cruise, 20th overall cruise, this was the most disappointing. I believe in celebrating the positives so I'll start there. Nine days with great weather, met some awesome people and had the BEST/most enthusiastic activities staff EVER (on any ship or line). Now why this got a two star: worst, most bland food of any cruise, Princess held this title for nine years but Navigator of the Seas now claims the title. I say this strictly from Windjammer and late seating main dining. My food was cold or luke warm when it should have been hot, and multiple dishes were straight up bland and flavorless. I addressed this during on board surveys and with waiters and head waiters, and even the staff seemed to know it. When the staff won't even drink the orange juice because it's color water there's a fundamental problem. To be fair the turkey dinner was good and the pizza in the promenade cafe was delicious. Sadly at one point my fellow guests and I questioned if this was a corporate decision to make subpar food included so that you would pay the surcharge and eat at specialty restaurants. I cannot speak from first hand about any of these but three different groups had not been happy with hooked or the chop house either. Biggest complaint cold, bland food. The burritos at Loco Fresh were good but the hours are just afternoon. Ben and Jerrys was tasty and reasonably priced (free soft serve by the pool was not good). Drinks were bad. I thought I would enjoy some fun tropical drinks on this vacation but the flavor and quality was all over the place. Some drinks were too strong and imbalanced others too watered down and flavorless. I'm really glad I did not get the drink package. Best drinks were served by the solarium pool. They were a positive and cheerful staff and most consistent. Schooner Bar was all over the place, some great, others undrinkable. Disappointed that movies in your stateroom had a $12 cost, that's crazy when other cruise lines movies are free. The room was regularly cleaned (loved the magnets on the door to notify staff). The pools were well monitored by lifeguards and after an early rumble for chairs by the pool there was a nice staff member who pulled towels and bags if people didn't show up within 30 minutes. I was impressed with RC that they followed through with this. Muster drill was efficient. Illusionist and ventriloquist were great shows (two of the best ever). Comedians were disappointing. I had a great time on this cruise but I think I'll take a break from this line. I hadn't been super impressed with my first experience and unfortunately this one didn't improve upon it.

Farewell RC