3. Norwegian Breakaway
Decided to go to the Western Carribbean (Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize). We left from New Orleans. The excursions were fun and a way to get a feel of the areas. The Spice Farm and Botanical Gardens in Belize was informative and interesting but I would not do it again. We had a 40 minute boat ride then and 1 hour long bus ride to get to the location. Once there, we rode in a tram pulled by a tractor for an hour, had lunch and purchased spices. We were dog tired when we returned to the ship. The Isla Passion excursion was fantastic! Beautiful area with a restaurant, gift shops, entertainment and bars. The service there was spot on. Everything is included in the trip. Just hung out in Costa Maya, shopping and eating. Beautiful area. About the ship, comfortable bed in cabin, immaculate. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, and entertainment. The Humidor room on the ship, is meant for cigar and pipe smokers but my husband couldn't enjoy for the cigarette smokers. He went 1 day and we had to double bag his shirt because of the stench. We never made in the pool due to the crowds. We booked a couples massage at the spa. Friendly and professional, but honestly I have had much better massages for a third of the price. Staff was pushy about products and other massages and treatments. The Breakaway is a beautiful ship. The staff was outstanding. It felt like a vacation and not a trip. We will be cruising with Norweigan again. (I'm hooked).

First Cruise

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Dlambert

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom

Just hung out in Costa Maya, shopping and eating. Beautiful area.

Dlambert’s Full Rating Summary