3. Navigator of the Seas
Took my 83 year old father on a cruise. We flew into Miami, stayed at Cambria Blue Lagoon (very nice) and took a $10 pp shuttle to the port. We opted for The KEY which gave us a lot of nice perks (internet, choice seating, free lunch at chops grill day 1, etc. Got dad a balcony room (8582), and myself a Promenade Interior (8583) directly across from his. My father loved his cabin ... the fresh air and views. My cabin, however, was awful. Terrible toxic, chemical, mothball-like smell. I asked housekeeping to help twice. Two different staff members agreed it was unbearable, but offered no solution, no other cabin, no sympathy. (See more in my cabin review). The cruise and excursions we're enjoyable for my father. He enjoyed the food, the shows, the waterslides, the staff, and his cabin. I found the shows, the cruise director and the performances to be a bit cheesy and annoying. We loved our two excursions booked through the cruise ... The Dolphin Swim in Nassau and the Dragon Zip Line in Haiti. Incredibly professional and worth every penny The cruise staff was friendly. And the ship overall was clean.

Toxic chemical smell in stateroom

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Deedee227

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Promenade View Interior

My father loved his cabin ... the fresh air and views.

The cruise staff was friendly. And the ship overall was clean.
Deedee227’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Promenade View Interior
Cabin 1T 8583
My stateroom interior Promenade 8583 had a very toxic, chemical mothball-like smell the entire trip. I contacted housekeeping on days 1 and 2. They sent two different people. Both agreed it was an awful smell, but neither had a solution. The second man wiped down a few of the walls with a mild cleaner but it did not help. I was not offered any help, I was not offered another room, nor was I given any sympathy.

I read reviews ahead of time and knew that interior rooms can be stuffy so I brought room fresheners and bounce dryer sheets but they did not help. On day 5, I came down with a terrible stomach flu, and unfortunately could not leave my cabin the entire day. It was horrible and the odor only made me more ill. When I returned home, my husband noticed the toxic odor on my clothes and my hair right away. My suitcase had to put in the garage because the smell was so awful. Everything I own will require several cleanings ... bags, hats, purses, shoes, clothing, etc. A "cruise cabin" is supposed to be like home on a ship. My home was depressing and sickening. I wish someone would have offered me something to make my trip bearable.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins