3. Ruby Princess
We chose this cruise because it was pretty cheap and embarked from the west coast. We love cruises that are more than 7 days. Hadn't been to Hawaii in a few years. When we cruise we're essentially onboard for the boat ride, we don't spend hardly anything onboard... we like to go cheap and go a lot. We are Elite level cruisers on Princess, Royal and Celebrity. OK, Ruby Princess surprises: Positive Surprise - touch your card on the panel and the stateroom door unlocks, no more swiping the magstripe. Positive Surprise - Stateroom TV is huge, maybe 40" diagonal, and its HD. There are tons of free TV Shows and Movies, good ones, all for free ON DEMAND 24/7. Positive Surprise - we actually found a hut tub that was HOT, unbelievable! Its the one way aft on deck 17, and bonus... no kids allowed. Positive Surprise - We were able to go for the entire length of the cruise without going to the main dining room once... huge plus since it wastes so much of one's time. Negative Surprise - they've changed the whole internet thing. The new thing is "Medallion Net". Now offers daily service which really works better for handheld devices. They heavily favor it, to the point that they've made the "minutes" plan extremely hard to use, error prone and confusing as possible. Get this, whenever you log off the internet you have to type in your credentials again, then go through 3 pages of stuff where you say Go Online on each page. I used up all the minutes on my plan, so I wanted to start to use my wife's plan (we both get 250 minutes for being Elite). Their software would not allow me to switch to the other plan on the same device, insisted I sign up for a daily plan. I couldn't even get to my shipboard account without signing up for more internet. So here's the logic, lets give our crappiest alternative away for free to our best customers! Negative Surprise - Ruby is larger than the Grand Princess, a ship that we love and have cruised on at least 6 times. We really felt crowded on this ship. For Trivia and any sort of entertainment in the Explorer's Lounge, they routinely set up several rows of chairs at the back of the room to attempt to accommodate the overflow. Theater was jammed most every night. Negative Surprise - The demographics on this one... too many MAGA hats, I mean it was spooky. Nothing Princess could do about that just, be prepared. End of surprises... We probably would NOT do the Ruby Princess again because of the crowdedness. While onboard, we decided that we've pretty much exhausted the Princess thing on the west coast and are planning on cruising out of Florida for a while on Royal and Celebrity.

Surprises on the Ruby Princess

fortyniner1340’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA L244
They all look the same when the lights go out.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins