3. Ruby Princess
We choose this cruise due to an excellent rate. We have been down the Mexican coast many times and wanted a little get away. We booked a Ocean View cabin, but were pleasantly surprised by an upgrade to a balcony. The food was not good at all. I compared it to something like cafeteria food or hospital food. Very bland and repetitious. The horizon buffet area was horribly crowed all the time. The food service area was small with long lines. The variety of food was very limited and not very good. The main dining room was also not good and the whole dining room set up was ugly - not glamorous or special by any means. One of the weird things was their Pizza area - by the way somewhere they rate this the best Pizza at sea - ummm, no. Anyway, next to the Pizza there is a coffee bar, however, you can't get a water or anything else to drink. Who eats Pizza and drinks coffee - yuk. So if you want something to drink to go with your Pizza besides coffee, you need to walk all the way across the ship to a bar and ask them for something to drink. This whole set up is dumb. The ports were excellent as I said, we had been there many times and knew what we liked to do. We went to a couple of shows and they were ok. We played bingo and it was enjoyable. We went to the casino and that was fine. I guess the point I am trying to make is that nothing really stood out above and beyond what we get with Royal Caribbean. One of the most irritating things was the embarkation process. It was not smooth and there was a lot of waiting around. Some long time Princess cruisers advised me that this was not at all Princess - they too were very disappointed and assurred me that usually everything was so outstanding on board. Anyway, we made the decision that we weren't going back for seconds to find out.

First and Last time on Princess

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by graciekelli

graciekelli’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC
Standard balcony cabin. Bed was very comfortable. Cabin was of average lay out and size and adequate for our stay. Remember, we were expecting an Ocean View so this was a very nice surprise.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins