3. Norwegian Spirit
We chose this cruise for its itinerary. We explored Barcelona for the day before embarking. We arrived at the terminal around 1230pm and found the embarkation process to be smooth. There was a lot of staff there to help and guide passengers. Although our room wasn't completely available, we were allowed to drop off our bags. We appreciated that! This differed from my experience on the Carnival Sensation. On that ship they had the hall doors closed and we could not drop off anything for a few hours after the ship sailed. I should mention that this Norwegian cruise is only my second cruise and my husband's first. We got off at all but one port (Palma de Mallorca). Only because we had just been there and wanted to rest. If you haven't been there, be sure to get off and explore, it's a great place. All of the disembarkation processes went smoothly with the exception of Cannes, France. We had to tender from the ship and unfortunately the local company that was contracted didn't have as many tender boats as we needed. It took us close to two hours to get off of the ship. Dave, our cruise director, I apologized for the inconvenience and assured us that our next tendering experience in Kotor would run smoother. And it did. On top of that the captain was able to move the ship inland during the middle of the day so that we did not have to tender upon our return in the evening. We found the ship to be clean and nice looking. The staff were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed using the library.We also enjoyed eating at the buffet. There was a different theme every night and the food was hot and fresh. We also ate at both the Windows and Garden's dining room. There was steak available every night which was the wonderful treat. We also enjoyed a few meals at Shoguns. The food was good but I really liked the hot and sour soup. We went to most of the nightly shows. The theater production was talented but we mainly enjoyed the dance couple that performed with hula hoops and acrobatics. The magic show was cool too. we did for excursions during the cruise. The one in cans took us to Monaco and Monte Carlo. It was really cool to see where the Grand Prix race takes place and we really enjoyed the views. We also did an explosion in couture. This was one of our favorites because it took us up into the mountains and on a windy road with spectacular views. We really liked our tour guide as she was full of information. at the end of the evening we enjoyed walking through downtown. Being inside the walls and looking through all of the local shops was relaxing.there are a lot of stray cats, which Kotor is known for, which we found enchanting.Our next excursion was in Dubrovnik. This was a really nice themed excursion about the TV show The Game of Thrones. Our guide was wonderful and funny. there was a lot of walking but it was definitely worth it especially if you're a fan of the show. The city is beautiful and offers nice views. Lastly, we stopped in Sicily and took an excursion to Taormina. Unfortunately, we experience cloudy weather which didn't allow for the views that we know the city has to offer. I would still recommend the excursion and hopefully you get better views than we did. It's a nice little city to walk through. Included in the excursion was a visit to the old theater ruins. That was a sight to see! we didn't do an excursion in Palma de Mallorca because we had recently been to that beautiful place and simply wanted a day of rest. If you haven't been, be sure to get off the ship! We also did not do an excursion in Livorno (Florence/Pisa) as the reviews were not promising. We plan on visiting on our own another time. Instead, we got off the ship and walked through the town of Livorno which we found simple and cute. We got some gelato and enjoyed what the town had to offer. In Greece we did the same thing. We enjoyed our walk through some parks and to the old fortress. it was a small fee to climb to the top and get a breathtaking view of the island. When stopping in Naples we decided to get on the train and do a self excursion to Pompeii. It's much less expensive and we felt adventurous! The train station is a short bus ride or 30-minute walk away. The train ride was about an hour. Then another half hour walk to the archaeological Park aka the Pompeii ruins. We walked around there for about 4 hours and took in all that it had to offer before walking back to the train station with plenty of time to get back to the cruise ship. It was a long day with a lot of walking but definitely worth it! Bring a hat. It was just my husband and I, ages 35 and 40. We are new to cruising and really enjoyed this ship and would have had to offer. As I mentioned before, the staff were great and I felt like I knew some of them by the time we left. Dave was great. I felt like we were given ample information and we're bothered with too many announcements. we will definitely cruise with Norwegian again. Although, we would like to try out a slightly larger ship just for a different experience.

Wonderful Time

HisSally_HerJack’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IA 10101
We really liked the layout of this room. There wasn't much floor space but enough for two or three to get around. The bathroom was spacious as well as the closet space. The bed was very comfortable.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins