3. Norwegian Breakaway
My husband and our two kids decided to take our family vacation on a cruise this year... after much research and obviously not enough reading of reviews, we chose to sail on the Norwegian Breakaway. We prepaid all the service fees and pre booked all our excursions so that we could relax and not have to worry.... wrong! We booked with several promotions included in our trip...or do we thought. Our $50 onboard credit was nowhere to be found on our bill so after several trips to the customer service desk, sand two other people beside us having the same issue, we left disappointed!! $50 is not the end of the world but we expected the cruise line to honor their promotions..beware of these promotions. We all had the drink packages....my husband and I the liquor package and the kids had the soda package... what a joke. We could have at least saved the $70 we spent on the kids because they couldn’t get a drink from the bar without us... and well let’s face it... this ship is nothing but bars. Speaking of bars, I hope you like standing in line... the service is atrocious! These employees avoid eye contact at all cost. And you pay a heavy service fee for no service. Even the sit down restaurants leave everything to be desired... cafeteria food at its best and again atrocious service! The excursions were amazing... after we waited in line for 30 minutes at guest services to get our passes that were supposed to be left on the room since we prebooked. The service of our room was touch and go... out room was always cleaned but we had to search the hall for someone to get us toilet paper... there is never anyone available at the housekeeping number and it will tell you to call back.... very frustrating! We preordered water bottles... yes you should do this since only a couple of the bars actually have water bottles... but they are warm... and no need to have them empty the mini bar to store your water like we did because the refrigerator was room temperature. All in all this was the most disappointing family vacation I’ve ever taken... thank the lord the islands and people there were amazing!

I should have read the reviews before choosing Norwegian

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by huddlestonjean