3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was my 8th trip on this ship alone. Now, I love the Breakaway and it will always hold a special place in my heart. However, had this been my first trip, I would have been greatly disappointed by a lot of the service I received and things I saw around the ship. Ship - It needs a touch up here and there but overall it is ok. It has gotten on in years and you expect the normal wear and tear. Cabin - See below. AWFUL Dining - a few hiccups here and there but overall dining was good. I ate in the Manhattan Room primarily because of one server who I have had the pleasure of sailing with before. Food was better in the MDRs than it has been in the past. Moderno was okay but very rushed. (Sides for the meats brought before we even came back from the salad bar.) Le Bistro was its typical greatness but also rushed. Entertainment and Activities - JC was ok as the cruise director. Luckily the rest of his staff was outstanding. Jeff, the Assistant CD, was amazing. I can see him leading his own ship in the very near future. With the exception of JC, the rest of the staff could be seen everywhere and they remembered you (or at least pretended very well that they did.) Syd Norman's was packed everynight as well. This to me was a big change from when it was Fat Cats and not a lot of people went there. Service - This is my biggest issue. Have I had poor service on NCL before, yes. Is this the norm, absolutely not but on the BA is seemed to be all you got from the gentleman officer at the Onboard Accounts desk and from an incident involving someone falling and security. The Onboard accounts desk person who initially was trying to help me use two AMEX gift cards on my account was lovely. We tried they were declined. She thought there may have been an issue because we were in international waters. She told me, once we are at the Mississippi to come back. I did, and I had to deal with someone who spoke down to mom like I was a stupid girl. I do not like be condescended to and dismissed. Before telling me I am basically a moron, listen to what I am telling you was already done and lets see if there is something new to try. Also, I am so sorry, I am disturbing you, but it is not my fault your staff kept charging me for someone else's orders. I should not have to pay taxes on something I did not do. (Tried to get this rectified all week, still not corrected.) As for the man falling...I was with new friends I had made in O'Sheehan's early one morning (2 am - after Bliss closed) for a lite bite. The floor outside of the pub was mopped and wet floor signs set up as we got there. 20 minutes later an older gentleman was walking through, slipped, fell and hit is head. I was appalled at the way he was being treated by security no less when they showed up. He was told "you tripped", "you can get up", "there is nothing wrong". This guy was out of it before they showed up. He had to be put on a stretched to medical. Did I mention they starting vacuuming right next to where he was laying? Those were the two big incidents. At the CC wrap up we mentioned the person falling, as well as the thirty minute waits to get a beer (not even a fancy drink) at 90% of the bars and the overall feeling of a lack of good staff. Ports and Shore Excursions - Went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel. Would do it again. Did Zip lining in Harvest Caye. It was great but never have to do that again. Costa Maya - just shopped at the port. Wish we were in that port the whole day instead of a couple of hours.

It was ehhhh

kblac708’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Family Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2 12659
Worst cabin I have ever been in. Every time the ship docked I was almost rolled out of the bed. The noise from the crew area was ridiculous. I swear they dropped glass at least once an hour. The deck plans make it look like there is a side hallway you can use to get to the room. Not true. You have to walk all the way to the back and then up the middle. I would NEVER stay in this location again.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins