3. Norwegian Epic
My husband and I wanted to take our 3 children and nephew on a pre-Christmas cruise. We had the 2 bedroom villa in the Haven and my son and nephew had a balcony cabin. The staff was not nearly as friendly compared to the previous cruises we’ve taken with NCL. This was our 3rd time getting the 2 bedroom villa in the Haven. My daughter and I decided to go up to the Haven’s private area where it was quiet. A NCL staff member walked over to us, (we’re African American) and asked if we’re supposed to be up there. I asked him how many of the Caucasian people did you ask if they belong? He immediately started back peddling. I was embarrassed for myself and my daughter. Our family has sailed NCL since 2011. We have NEVER been treated so disrespectfully. I will NEVER sail Epic again. I waited to post my review because I wanted to give NCL time to respond to my complaint and I have heard nothing back. When people who work hard to provide a great life for their family go on vacation and spend the money to relax, they should not have to get to the middle of the ocean and be humiliated for their skin color, religion, beliefs or sexual orientation. By the way, the Haven 2 bedrooms for 4 people is not a cheap thrill. It’s EXPENSIVE!!! I have to rethink my stance of only traveling NCL after this. It’s hurtful that you can be loyal to a brand but they’re not loyal to their long standing customers. Ports: The ports were ok, I don't if repairs were still going on due to the storm that hit September 2017. We did enjoy the stop in Tortola. Our children chose to do the Virgin Gouda Baths and my husband and I chose to do the speed boat tour around Tortola. Ship: This was the first time since 2009 I had a complaint about the ship. The ship was ok, not what I expected at all. The interior decor, especially in the Haven areas were nicely furnished. I loved the whole Haven experience being away from the crowd and relaxing in the air conditioned lounge. Thumbs up for that. Dining: Surprisingly enough, the food was not that great on this ship. We were highly anticipating going to our favs. We went to Cagney's and the food wasn't good at all. The next night we went to the Italian restaurant and they didn't have the lasagna anymore, the food we chose was not good. After 3 nights of bad experiences and customer services, we opted to eat in the buffet and room service. Disembarkation: Horrible with a capital H. Again, I have NEVER had a complaint since 2009 with NCL. It took us 2 hours to disembark. We did not understand why we didn't have the same experience getting on than getting off. When we arrived, as promised, we had someone escort us to our cabins. Getting off, we were with the general public and had to stand in long lines. As a Haven Suite customer, I would think that we would get to have a certain privilege to disembark. Children: We brought our 21, 20, 20 and 18 year old children with us. They mainly played basketball and stayed in the arcade. After 3 days they were bored and just watched movies and played on their phones. They did say for them, the best part of the cruise was the port visits where they could roam and not be confined to the ship. If you have older children, let them choose some of the excursions that they like to do.

Highly Disappointed Loyal NCL Cruiser

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by CaliGirlCruising

CaliGirlCruising’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Cabin 16036?
The cabin was the same as the last two times we had it. Everything was nice, comfy and cozy. Very accommodating for a large family or group 4-6. The master bedroom has a beautiful full bathroom with a tub, shower and double sinks. The other bedroom has the ability to sleep 2 in a bunkbed style. It also has a bathroom with just a shower. The sitting and eating area is almost reminiscent of an apartment. We always enjoy staying in the Haven Suites.
  Norwegian Epic Deck Plans