3. Norwegian Epic
Embarkation: We arrived at the port about 10:30 a.m. Embarkation was delayed by at least an hour. Boarding did not start until noon. There were some people not on the ship until 2:30 or even a little later. We were never told the reason. Ship: We had cruised on the Epic 5 years prior. While still nice and clean you can see the wear and tear. The spa has lights out over the water, drapes are a little frayed, paint isn't as fresh, etc. Spa: The spa area is still a really nice oasis away from the crowds. However the heated lounges aren't really heated anymore. Most aren't even warm to the touch. We were told something about someone being burned is why they turned them down. However, they still should be warm. You can also see the wear in here. There are lights above the water area that need to be replaced. Food: Buffet was ok. Not great but not bad either. There was an Indian chickpea dish we had here that was one of the best things we had on the ship. Cagney's food was good. However it took us 2 1/2 hours to eat there. That was excessive. Taste was fine. Service was good. La Bistro was very good. Service was great. Food was really good. Probably the best steak on the ship. Moderno was better than I remember. Not as good as a Fogo De Chao but still pretty good. The salad bar was very impressive. Cirque food was really good. Manhattan room was fine. We were sat right up by the piano so it was hard to converse. We found that some of the best food we had was when we went away from the American type foods and tried "international" dishes. Entertainment: The Beatles band was great. If you like that type of music I highly recommend you see them. Priscilla was good. It's not my type of story line. However the costumes and production values were evident. Definitely make sure you are ok with the subject matter before you attend. NOT for kids. They make that very evident but I guess people still don't heed that warning. Cirque was good. We had a issues with a couple of the acts. If the performer(s) would take off one more article of clothing it would have been an act we could have seen at a strip club. If that is the type of acts they want in the show that's fine, however, they need to make that clear like they did with Priscilla. We had grandma and our 9 year old with us. Needless to say it was uncomfortable for a few minutes. Bars: The bars are slammed. Granted we were on a spring break cruise but this was after the college spring break. There were almost no college kids on our cruise. Mostly families with kids. Getting drinks on sea days and at the bars / clubs at night can be a 15 - 20 minute ordeal. I'm not sure what NCL is going to do about it. Some of the staff have started giving you 2 - 4 drinks at a time to try and keep you happy. However, most of the time, they will be warm/melted by the time you get to them. So you end up wasting them and getting another cold one. Kids area: Not sure why but our son really wasn't all that interested in going. It may have been due to the fact that the group was 7 - 9. And he's a month away from being 10. Or maybe since granny was on the cruise and he could hang out with her. On a previous cruise 2 years ago, he would be mad if we wouldn't take him. So we're not sure what happened there. Ports: Tortola We went to the Baths. This was awesome. It is a physically demanding excursion. But if you are up to it, well worth it. They are still rebuilding much of the area. The port area isn't all that built up like some we have been to. St. Thomas We only had 6 hours in port so we didn't do much. Went up to the top of the Mountain had a bushwacker (great!) and enjoyed the view. The do now have a small brewery in the shopping village. If you're into that sort of thing, I'd stop by and have a beer before you leave. Private Island We splurged and got a cabana. I felt it was worth it. One issue we had was the tendering to the island. We kept being told since a Cabana was considered and excursion, we'd get priority tendering. Well that didn't happen. We walked down the stairs when they started calling and then waited in line for 45 minutes before boarding a tender. My wife even went to the excursion desk to ask while I waited. They just said get in line. Overall I'd say it was a good cruise. I'd still sail on the Epic again if it all worked out. However, it's also not something I'd really try to seek out to do either.

Spring Break Cruise 2019

Embarkation:

Ship:

Spa:

Food:

Taste was fine. Service was good.

Cirque food was really good.

Entertainment:

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Spa Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin M9 14118
Cabin was great. 14118 has a extra large balcony which was great.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins