3. Regal Princess
My family and I were looking for an upgraded cruise line that we would feel comfortable cruising with for the next several years. We plan to take an Alaskan cruise in the near future and decided to try a Princess Caribbean cruise first as Princess has the majority of the Alaskan cruise market. We have been on other upgraded cruise lines before including Celebrity, Norwegian and Viking. We booked a penthouse suite for ourselves and an interior room for our daughter. The room was beautiful and the deck wrapped around the back and the side of boat as our room was located at the back of the ship. Unfortunately, we weren't able to use the deck after the first 2 days as the room steward never cleaned the floor, the table, the chairs or the cushions. The glass for the fencing was so dirty you could barely see through it. It was interesting, when we pulled into port in St. Marteen, a Royal Caribbean ship was there and those employees were cleaning every balcony so the guest could enjoy what they had paid for. The customer service on the ship was terrible at best. Our room steward never brought ice to our room even though it was listed as a daily room perk. He never stocked our minibar another listed perk. We tried calling room service, guest services and housekeeping but no one ever answered the phone. Guest services did answer 1 time and the person on the other end audibly sighed when I requested things like towels, water, and ice. Finally, I started asking other room stewards on our floor as I only saw ours 1 time the entire cruise. The other room stewards made it very obvious they did not want to help me, but they did after I gave them an additional tip. Needless to say we never got any towel animals either. Of course I would have been happy with a towel of any kind, folded or not. Our daughter was not eligible to eat in Club class dining with us since she was in a different room, even though we paid for 2 rooms included a full suite. So we paid for Anytime dining for the 3 of us. It turns out, there is no such thing on the Regal. There is only 1 anytime restaurant which is not enough. If you aren't there before 6:00 pm, which appears to be the time when the restaurant is full, then you have to wait until 7:30 and then it is first come first serve. You can choose to put your name on a list for a reservation after 8:00 if you prefer. We ended up eating at the buffet most of the time as did most people on the ship. Our first stop was at Princess Cay for a beach day and a BBQ in the Bahamas. The ship was at capacity but they only opened 1 side of the Island for the food during the BBQ and the bar. I went to the bar before 10:00 am to ask the person standing there where the bathroom was located. She told me they didn't open until 10:00. I again stated I just needed to know where the bathroom was and she again stated they didn't open until 10:00 am and I had to come back then to ask a question. So my daughter had blood running down her face from the nose bleed and we couldn't get napkins or tissue because this lady wouldn't answer where the bathroom was located. Fortunately one of the vendors saw us trying to manage the situation and brought us to the bathroom and helped me clean her up. I was very thankful for her help and tipped her as well. When it came time to eat lunch, since only one side of the island was open, the long was LONG. I stood in line for an hour and 10 minutes and when we finally made it there, the only thing left was hot dogs. They closed the lunch down promptly at 1:30 with no consideration for how long the line was taking people to get food and some people never got to eat at all. It almost made me thankful for the gross hot dog we did get. St. Thomas and St. Marteen were the other 2 stops and the shore excursions were very nice. We enjoyed the islands as always. Our daughter is 18. Typically when we take cruises she goes to the activities listed for people her age and finds a group of friends to hang out with for the duration. Thanks to social media, she still stays in touch with some of them which is nice. Regal cancelled every activity listed for her age range. She didn't meet a single person on the ship. There was only 1 club to go to at night and it was constantly playing 60's - 70's music. It was also completely empty. There is nothing for young adults on this ship even though it was the height of Spring Break season when we were there. Getting off the ship in Ft. Lauderdale was a total nightmare. The luggage was not in the location it was supposed to be. We were light blue 4. We found our luggage across the room in brown 6. It took over an hour to get our car out of the garage and the people who worked there were surly at best. This cruise felt like a Carnival cruise with a hefty price tag. We will never take another Princess cruise again. Or any cruise line owned by Carnival. We will go back to Celebrity and enjoy the service and amenities they offer.

Poor customer service