3. Oosterdam
Friends had planned their vacation and invited us along...We would go again in a heart beat. Our room was clean, we were catered to, there was plenty of food and so many choices. The staff made us feel catered to. Our cabin person PuTu was awesome!!! He brought us what ever we needed, answered our questions and kept us informed. PuTu was funny, sweet and so very accommodating. His customer services skills are golden! *We were invited on the cruise by our friends Norm and Teri, we invited my husbands brother and sister~in~law Richard and Paulette. We all had a blast! *Shore excursions we absolutely loved and had so much fun on the ConTiki. *The mini hummers were fun and educating our guide 'Johnny Depp' was fun and knowledgeable. *We went on an unplanned excursion in a young man who had a comfortable van asked us along and his prices were AWESOME! I wish I could remember his name, you wouldn't believe how much he knew. This person made us feel as if we'd been friends forever. *On our last stop we had pre-ordered a 'half shell?' with two lounge chairs. We couldn't find any available ones and the people we were instructed to look for, for guidance were no where to be seen. We just gave up and ended up not getting one because it felt like we were wasting our beach time looking for help. *(Just a thought, maybe those who pre-order get a ticket say "lounge shell #1" and tag the shells with numbers. when we get to the destination or somewhere along the way the tickets are given to the purchasers so they may just go to the preassigned shells. AND the 'half shells' are set up prior to our arrival...(I heard from some that they had to wait for someone to set things up when they got there, and they too had to follow behind a line of people and LOOK for available seats.) But the positive experiences far overweight the beach chair experience and we absolutely would love to go on another cruise. Thank you to all who made our first experience so very AWESOME!

Oosterdam 03/30~04/06 from Florida

Oosterdam Cruise Review by DnLLabbe

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

*Shore excursions we absolutely loved and had so much fun on the ConTiki.

*We went on an unplanned excursion in a young man who had a comfortable van

DnLLabbe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VB 5189
Our room was clean when we arrived and kept clean always. Our cabin person PuTu was awesome, he knew instinctively when we needed privacy, when to cater and all his little personal touches made us feel very special. He was sociable and very knowledgeable. I got a bit sea sick on the first day and PuTu brought me a green apple, I'd never heard of that remedy, but it sure helped. PuTu filled a fruit bowl with apples and some other fruits as well. I'm not sure how he found out kiwi is my favorite fruit but he added them to the bowl as well. I guess that's not so much about the room as it is PuTu. But he made everything about our room special and kept it extremely clean.
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins