3. Carnival Horizon
As a preface, I have been on approx. 8 cruises, with companies Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity, and Royal Caribbean. Understanding the general quality of cruise ship food and the general cruise ship experiences, I have to say this boat is the worst I have experienced. First, the pre-booking for restaurant reservations system is awful. If you misplace your email confirming reservation, you have to wait to get on the boat to determine your actual time. I spent 45 min on hold to confirm one reservation...the short story is corporate told me that “the boat” would get back to me, which it never did. They also confirmed a reservation for the chef’s table; however, when I got on the boat, told me they had no record. When I showed them the email confirmation they told me they had no openings ( this was for my wife’s birthday by the way). They called me back later to offer me two times, both of which were the most inconvenient times based on the ship’s itinerary ( middle of being in port at Curaçao and on the formal night). The room cleaning service was the worst I have ever experienced on a cruise...by far. My wife and I are low maintenance people. We keep the do not disturb on the door most of the time. We asked to have the room cleaned twice in four days at reasonable times and the room was never cleaned. We left for 6 hrs at Curaçao and when we got back nothing had been done. This is keeping in mind that we had one of the Hanava suites, which is supposed to be one of the upgraded rooms on the ship. As a side note, don’t try to get a drink at the exclusive Havana Bar....the cruise might be over before you get your drink. The entertainment is substandard for a boat of this size. The food is awful in comparison to other cruise lines. Even though it is a “new” boat it is clear that Carnival cut corners for the bottom line. All and all, stay away from this boat and cruise line. We decided on this one simply for the ports; however, I believe people would be much better served with other options. As a final note to emphasize the misery that is this cruise, my wife and I are catching a flight from Aruba to cut the cruise short bc that is better than continuing to stay on this boat.

Poor service on a mediocre boat

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by Florida1982779

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony
Florida1982779’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin HI 9475
Average for a cruise ship. Steward was the worst I have ever experienced.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins