3. Vision of the Seas
We chose this cruise based on the airfare availability and price. We would have preferred a departure from Florida but it was way too expensive. We wanted a short cruise to introduce our children to cruising. My wife and I are Emerald C&A members with RC and were anxious to get back to cruising after a break to raise the kids. To say the experience was poor would be an understatement. We got on the ship and went for lunch - I thought it would be nice to have a Red Stripe which was a custom for my wife and I - apparently you can't have that now until you are 12 miles out to sea?! Okay - how about a Mojito? No sir - sorry we ran out of mint on the last cruise and still don't have any. Mind you we paid for the upgraded beverage plan! From there things continued to go downhill. The crew was not as friendly an energetic as we have experienced in the past. Mind you there were some bright spots - Jay who was providing beverage service in the dining room was fantastic! Our waiter and assistant were also very good. The food however was not as good as we remember. We took our girls to Adventure Ocean to get them registered and went back once for a family activity. The girl who was running it was apparently not having a good day so we didn't really feel good about leaving the kids there. The cabin attendant did a fine job and our cabin was clean - although on the third day there was a faint sewer odor in the bathroom. We went to one of the shows but for some reason they did not close the doors to the theater - we could smell the smoke rolling in from the casino and one of our girls was coughing so we ended up leaving rather than disturb anyone. Overall the girls loved the cruise and did really well so we will continue cruising. We may just have to go try Disney or another line though. I'm very disappointed because our prior cruises with RC have been great - I just hope this as an anomaly. Maybe we'll be back - but not to this ship.

Wonder if this is a training ship?

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by sb152

Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony Accessible
Cabin 1B Deck 7
Overall clean and in decent shape. Did find a large feather earring in the sofa bed though - it wasn't ours.

=:0