3. Carnival Fantasy
We chose this cruise because I had just spent several weeks cooking for, and organizing, a party for my husband’s 75th birthday and I needed a break. We have been on over 40 cruises, on several different cruise lines,in the last 20 years and some have been better than others. We have cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Princess, Holland America, Celebrity, Cunard’s Queen Mary II and a couple of lines that are no l9nger floating around. I list these only to stress that we have run the gamut of ships and seen, and experienced a lot of variety. For us the drive to Mobile is relatively easy and only about 4.1/2 hours and the price was right. We had a blast on this sailing. The Mardi Gras parade and entertainment was great. We had taken beads and head gear for it but the activities team provide masks which added to the fun. It was our wedding anniversary that day so the dress up added to the celebration for us. We particularly loved Maddie in the cruise director’s’ team. She was a gem. Yes, the Fantasy is older and smaller but that did not detract from the fun and friendliness of the crew. We had a cabin on main deck, aft, which was acceptable and quite quiet. The food is more than acceptable and we liked the Blue Iguana grill. I like the Indian food selection at dinner which I find to be better than the other cruise lines that offer it. Our only quibble, both of us being English, is that Carnival have chosen not to serve any strawberry jam with afternoon tea . Sure they have scones and cream but you HAVE to have jam as well. As they used to serve it one can only assume that this is cost cutting and it does seem a little chintzy to say the least, We knew this was going to happen and we actually took jam with us! Just a minor complaint. Overall we had a very good time. There was a great band playing (name of which escapes me) and we went to hear them most nights. We enjoy a stop at Cozumel. I have mobility problems so it works for us to get off the ship, take a walk to Pancho’s Backyard, have a couple of beers with chips and salsa, listen to the marimba band and just relax. A little shopping at the same time does not go amiss. I cannot comment on Progresso as we did not get off. We have been to Merida before, which we enjoyed, so we did not feel the need to go again. We realized that the years have gone by since we first started cruising. When we went to the Love and Marriage show, 20 years ago, we used to marvel at the old folks who had been married the longest. This cruise we were IT which caused us great amusement. No we didn’t participate. It gave us the satisfaction that we had made it to 53 years and could have played along if we had wanted to. I’ve no complaints about Carnival Fantasy and this sailing. None whatsoever.

A fun time

Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Chatugegirl779

I’ve no complaints about Carnival Fantasy and this sailing. None whatsoever.
Chatugegirl779’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B M250
Cabin was perfectly acceptable.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins