3. Norwegian Getaway
Did the same cruise in Oct. 2018 when Hurricane Michael messed with our stops. Got a great casino deal so we tried it again. We had a morning flight into FLL, shuttle took us to ship arrived about noon and literally walked right on. Great timing. We had bid on upgrade and received ocean view 48 hours prior to cruising for 75.00 pp. This room had plenty of space compared to IS cabins. It was on deck 5 under the side of theatre, only noise we heard was the ship going in or out of ports, I assume the ropes etc. My few complaints were: the entertainment, now many times can you see the same comedians with the same material? So we saw two different acts and that was enough. The beds were very hard :( and need to view the tv channels for people who want to relax in the cabin. Chair hogs were in full force, my DH kept saying move their stuff. I didn't it isn't worth the trouble of an argument. Harvest Cay was much better than I expected. Very large pool, close beach and plenty of chairs and not to far from the ship. So far this the closest to Disneys Castaway Island as Ive seen. Except nothing is included in the cruise fare on the island, drinks, food and zip lines etc. Million Dollar Quartet is great! saw it on the last sailing twice. Service was GREAT! we had some of the best DR servers in the Tropicana Room. Overall I would say very good for the price and close for the cruise itself.

2nd Time around on Getaway

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by lescas

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Million Dollar Quartet is great! saw it on the last sailing twice.

Service was GREAT! we had some of the best DR servers in the Tropicana Room.

Overall I would say very good for the price and close for the cruise itself.
lescas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OB 5116
Nice extra room, nice area, easy to go back and forth too. Close to dining and entertainment. Would definitely stay in this area again.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins