3. Celebrity Millennium
I have "lurked" on CC often in preparation for this cruise and others so decided to attempt to share my (and my husband's) latest experience in the hopes that it will provide some info for others. We were 6 travellers (2 have sailed Celebrity often) but for 4 of us, it was our first time on Celebrity although we have all cruised many many times over the past years. We have more often spent time on RCI, MSC, Princess, Celebrity (often for 2 of us) ships and enjoyed an Oceania Transatlantic crossing in October. After spending a week or so in fabulous Hong Kong, we reached the port on Saturday,March 16th about 3 or so hours before departure. Perhaps we should have boarded earlier as it was not an especially good first impression for me - few staff to direct passengers and a confusing process to follow to get checked in at port and on board-not the usual warm welcome on board I expected. However, things did look up as our Aqua class balcony was newly refurbished and we met our friendly and hard-working steward Efren who took wonderful care of us. As noted by others, the new decor is a bit bland but it was very clean and storage was ample although I am not sure how well it will keep up over the longer term. Luckily, there were no issues with the bathroom-the shower had strong pressure, there was lots of hot water and shelving was fine. The sofa was too really small for 2 persons to sit comfortably and one of us had to use the bed to read or relax or sit on the cold balcony! I'm hoping too that Celebrity will address the issue of not being able to hear any announcements in the room-I had to open the door and stick my head out to hear. Otherwise all good. Breakfast was A+ and dinner service in Blu was very nice (hard-working,pleasant staff) and it was great to have a smaller private dining venue. However, the menu was definitely not as exciting as expected given the hype heard from Celebrity and others. Perhaps it was just not to our taste but some combinations were just not appealing and servings were small-I counted 2 smallish scallops once on my plate. We often turned to the buffet for breakfast/lunch and even dinner. The buffet had ample choice (although sometimes repetitive and bland) but you had to search hard for veggies if you did not want salad fixings. Seats were often hard to find but the servers bustled about clearing tables and we never waited long for a drink server to find us. I realise that feeding so many people is difficult but it was often hit and miss on the serving temperature side in the buffet and even in Blu - it was more often than not just "warmish" and you were very happy when you struck a hot dish. I did send a dish back once but as we all know, sometimes it is just too much bother. And where was the exotic fruit hiding when in Asia? Dragon fruit/watermelon/cantaloupe/apples/oranges were mostly it. One final thing-the canapes offered daily to Aqua class passengers were not good to say the least-2 x 4 tiny types of cheese bites etc. I tried to stop them but they kept coming - not a great use of resources. Entertainment was ok-after all,it has to appeal to lots of people and the in-house players were enthusiastic and put on excellent shows. Lecture subjects were not at all appealing-old subjects without much fun. Wi-fi was ok - often slow but better late at night or very early. Staff were the best part of the experience as they were 100% friendly, ready to greet you with a smile or hello and very hard-working. Celebrity is fortunate to have them all. Ports were fine as travel is all about exploring although Jeju island would not be a "have-to-see again" port although to be fair, we just wandered around and shopped a bit in the city using the free short shuttle bus ride to get there. We used a private tour to spend 2 nights in Beijing - it was a packed experience and much better value even for a group of 4 persons. The other 3 ship tours which we did were predictably less fun due to group size and pace but were fine especially as we took advantage of a promotion and did not pay full-price. Visit to Busan was interesting especially the temple and fish market. Museum visit in Taipei was too crowded to really enjoy but buffet lunch at Grand Hotel was fabulous with seafood and Asian offerings. It was very fortunate that we were on a refurbished Millennium which is a good sized ship with nice public spaces and amenities. All in all, I feel it was an average cruise ship experience as my expectations were higher on food and entertainment. Celebrity offerings did not "Wow" me any more than other cruise lines such as RCI and Oceania although it may not be 100% fair to compare the latter. China and Korea were great visit experiences especially with a sea day between ports to recover. My husband and I are not sure if we would try Celebrity again as there are so many options available but remain open-minded. Hope this helped and I would be happy to answer any questions. Happy next cruising to all!

March 16th from Hong Kong to China and Korea - 1st Time Celebrity cruiser

Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Lovetocruise20188

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Aqua Class

Happy next cruising to all!
Lovetocruise20188’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Millennium price drops

Aqua Class
Cabin A1 1120
The new decor is a bit bland but it was very clean and storage was ample although I am not sure how well it will keep up over the longer term with use as carpet and furnishings are light coloured. Luckily, there were no issues with the bathroom-the shower had strong pressure, there was lots of hot water and shelving space was fine. Sofa is very small (1 person really) and speakers need to be fixed in the room as we could not hear any announcements. TV good. Balcony was not generous but adequate with 2 nice loungers with headrest and a small table. Bed-bedding was excellent and mattress nice and firm- space for 3-4 suitcases underneath. Recommend you take time to learn about the light system - I figured out surprises very late in the cruise that would have made it easier to manage ...All in all, cabin is comfortable and fine.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins