3. Carnival Pride
We choose this cruise since it was leaving from Baltimore, which is only 3 hours from our home and we wanted one that went over Spring break Our Steward, Rowena, was wonderful and had such a sweet personality. She was so very responsive to our every concern. We were in room 6246 and 6252 on the Carnival Pride the week of 3/31 to 4/7/19. The ship was very clean and everyone was very helpful both times we went to Guest Services. The food was delicious and my grandson ate more than he needed to from the Pizza shop and Guys pizza. He was a little better with the ice cream but not by far. We also went to the clinic for help with sea sickness and they sold us pills for $1 for two of them and they worked wonders on my daughter. Dramamine was not helping her or her wrist patches. It was very rough. The dining room service was exceptional. I am allergic to MSG and they gave us the menu for the following day so that I could place my order and they would ensure that it was MSG free. Our head waiter, Oliver, took great care of all of us and just had a delightful personality. Dr. E was such a joy. He was so funny and so energenic and talented. The dance and singing group was excellent. The male lead was so convincing as the nerd that he played that I laughted all the way through it. We enjoyed all of the ports. I was glad that it was highly suggested that we take an excursion in Freeport so we took the Garden and shopping tour. The garden was very lovely and we enjoyed it a lot. My daughter and grandkids went on the Dolphin Encounter and loved it. In Half Moon Cay, we enjoyed the barbeque and the beach and in Grand turk, we stayed on the beach and shopped in the stores. We bought smoothies in the smoothie shop and my Grandson thought it was the best he ever had and I would highly recommend them, too. I believe it was one of the first few weeks for the crafts activities. As far as I noticed, there was only one activity. It was a travel journal notebook and you were to place stickers on it. It was obvious that this was new to everyone involved but the stickers did not stay in place on the notebook. They really needed to have glue guns or additional glue. It was obvious that noone had ever tried to put these together. A lot of people showed up for the activity and the person had to go back and get more supplies. The area that was used for the activity was just an open seating area. Additional tables to work on the craft would have been helpful. I hope to get to cruise on the Carnival Pride again or somewhere else out of Baltimore, Bermuda or the NorthEast. I would definitely love to do this again.

Great family time and wonderful service

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by virginiasenior

virginiasenior’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6246
Excellent condition. Plenty of closet, drawer and bathroom space. The chairs on the balcony were in good shape.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Dolphin Swim & Encounter
    My daughter and grandkids totally enjoyed this experience and the lecture that accompanied it. I wish they had allowed people to go along that were not actually getting in the water so that we could have seen the fun that our grandkids had but I did not want to get up close and personal with dolphins. Instead we relied on seeing videos and going to the Gardens.
    View All 35 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
  • The Garden of the Groves
    This was very beautiful and the bus driver (Jason) and tour guide (Katrina) were very informative. It was sad to see all the damage Freeport is still suffering with since 2004.
    View All 18 The Garden of the Groves Reviews
  • Grand Turk
    I wish we had taken an excursion in Grrand Turk and went to a private beach. The main beach as you get off hte ship is very crowded and the ocean floor is very rocky. Of course, the water is beautiful and we took our own snorkel gear which was fun for the grandkids. We did go to the pool but it was closed down for a few hours because of a child poluting it.
    View All 2,054 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • Half Moon Cay
    The water here is absolutely beaufitul and a lot to do for the kids with a lot of planned activiites. The barbecue was very well planned and executed. I was glad that we did not plan an excursion here since it was so enjoyable.
    View All 1,157 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews