3. Carnival Fascination
It was not my choice for this sailing, but I did have a great time. As I work in hospitality (guesthouse manager), I did notice little things that needed attention. I am in the habit of looking at the little details, like there was a loose screw on the bathroom door, and when you shut the door, the screw would pop out and fall to the floor, trimming loose around the desk inside the cabin. But overall, the ship was fantastic! Do wish that the buffet had longer hours, and there were not may dining options open late. The onboard entertainment could have been better, but again, overall was great. The crew were fantastic and attentive! The main public areas were clean, but once you got into the cabin areas, you start to notice little thinks, like the carpeting could have used a good cleaning, and some areas actually smelled of cigarette smoke, and on our sailing, just down the hall from us, you could smell sewer in the hallway. We did notify our cabin steward and did see some crew working in the area to try and fix the problem.

Great ship, fun ship

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Xamdu

Xamdu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A U196
The cabin was good, not too small, but not too big. There were three of us, and it worked out ok for us, enough room for us to move about without getting in each other's way. Bathroom was good, roomy.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Harrison's Cave
    This was a great experience and informative! Our guide was very knowledgeable of the history of the caves and the island itself, was not fast paced and did not feel like we were rushed in any way.
    View All 78 Harrison's Cave Reviews
  • Brimstone Hill Tour
    Absolutely breath taking views! Well worth the drive up there. The driver was very informative and gave a great speech, pointing out many points of interest and explaining some of the history behind them, and the island in general.
    View All 55 Brimstone Hill Tour Reviews
  • Sulphur Springs Mud Bath
    Ok, this was a first for us, and it was an experience of a life time! Had a great time, our driver to the mud baths was very informative and pointed out many things of interest. The mud baths themselves is quite small, but even with lots of people, there is always plenty of room to sit back and relax in the baths.
    View All 46 Sulphur Springs Mud Bath Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    This was by far one of the best excursions that we took! Especially the Rum tasting and local flavors part. Learned a lot about the rum industry, and learned how to prepare some local cuisine!
    View All 12,035 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • Paradise Point Skyride
    This was the only excursion we took that we could do at our leisure. It was a nice ride up and down, the bar/restaurant at the top is a great place to just relax and enjoy the views.
    View All 94 Paradise Point Skyride Reviews