3. Carnival Liberty
We picked this cruise because DW, niece and nephew had never been on a cruise and we wanted to make sure everyone would be ok locked in on the water. Embarkation went very smooth in spite of us being late (or maybe because of it, the world may never know) we had 11:30-12:00 check in but didn't arrive till about 1:00 and walked right on. Well after going through security and all of course. Guy's burgers were real good and the kids liked the hotdogs from the deli. Lido buffet seemed to be lacking in my opinion. Oh the food was good just seemed to be less verity than what I remember from my last Carnival Fantasy cruise. This could be from 1) my failing memory, 2) there really is less verity or 3) a combination of the two. We had anytime dining in the Golden Olympian and it was great. No lines, no waiting either night. Sorry if I offended anyone wearing my jeans on elegant night but we had decided while we were packing that we would eat on Lido that night but DW decided otherwise on the night of. Good thing it was cool the morning we left home or I wouldn't have had any long pants. DW did keep saying "I just don't understand the allure and all the hype of cruising" but as we were sitting discussing what we were having for dinner last night she said "too bad we can't just go to lido and pick up something, I miss that ship" so I think she is hooked. I see more cruises in our future! We only saw the America Rocks show which was pretty good, but if you go to the Venetian Palace to see a show, try to avoid the back seats on deck 3. The overhang from deck 4 will block part of your view and you may not be able to see the entire performance. Not sure about deck 4. The kids, 5 and 13, loved the kids clubs and didn't want to leave. Even the very shy 13 year old made friends. Now the 5 yo can make friends with a signpost so we knew that wasn't going to be a problem. Most people say not to take a 3 day weekend cruise, it's just a party cruise with a bunch of rowdy drunks, but I didn't see a lot of that, just pax having a good time and mostly respectful and polite to each other. Overall great cruise I just don't think I will do another short one. Just to much work (packing, driving, unpacking, etc) for the amount of relaxation time.

My major complaint? TOO SHORT!

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by jwcruise1

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Guy's burgers were real good and the kids liked the hotdogs from the deli.

jwcruise1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 1275
Ocean view on deck 1, Very spacious for the 4 of us. A lot bigger than I thought it would be.Only noise we heard was some adults standing outside our cabin one morning sounded like they were practicing their cheer routine.
actually heard and felt more engine noise and vibration on deck 3 MDR none in cabin.
In case anyone reads this and is wondering, this cabin has a sofa that converts to a bed and a Pullman above it.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins