3. Norwegian Sun
1.Excursions were poor: a. One poor English-speaking guide without a microphone for 40 people If your in the back of the bus you hear nothing. b. Excursions were not as advertised. I paid over $260 to go to an island to get pictures of South American birds but we never got on the island we were to go to and I feel very cheated. c. The setup for boarding excursions is poorly organized.They tell you to meet in the ship's auditorium at a certain time and then have wait for almost a hour before your tour is called for disembarking. I was the first to show up but was often the last to get out of the room for lack of tour directors organization skills. 2.Overall,the entertainment was good. The best entertainment on the ship was the three classical string players yet they were never given a space to handle the crowds who wanted to hear them. Furthermore, they were put next a bar with loud speaking and sometimes intoxicated people which totally destroyed the listening experience even if you could find a seat. 3. The food was mediocre at best! The head chef should be fired. He provided the the worst entree choices I have ever had on a cruse ( I have been on 15). The onion soup was little more than hot water ( I found no onions nor cheese). Thank goodness, the bred and desert chefs were excellent. 4. You need to have a setup for (equipment, lines and nets) for pickle ball. It is the fastest growing sport for seniors. 5.The cabin and dinning room service was excellent! 6. Bridge instruction and play was enjoyable, however, we were assigned to a play in an area with only small tables.

Comments on our Southwest America Cruse March, 16 2019.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by gheberlein

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: South America
  • Cabin Type: Balcony
1.Excursions were poor:

5.The cabin and dinning room service was excellent!

gheberlein’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 0004
The Ship is old and the rooms show the wear of time. the Bed was to soft for my back and had to use pillows for support. Cabin steward was excellent.
Pool Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins