3. Norwegian Escape
My husband and I chose to have our wedding at sea on the Norwegian Escape. This was the best decision we could have made. Prior to the cruise, the planning for the wedding with Royal Ocean Events was easy and seamless. My wedding coordinators communicated with me and with ship personnel in order to create a picture perfect wedding ceremony and experience. All aspects of the wedding were addressed, including; obtaining a legal at sea marriage license, directions for how to schedule hair and make-up appointments onboard, ceremony location and time, floral arrangements, photography preferences, music selections, cake choices and wedding dinner reservations. By the time we boarded the Escape, I was confident that my wedding was going to be flawless. Upon arrival at the ship in New York City, I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of embarkation. As Haven guests, we were directed to a waiting lounge where snacks and drinks were provided. In no time at all, our room cards were in our hands and we were escorted onto the ship and to the Haven lounge. The friendly concierge directed us to Margaritaville, where Haven guests were afforded a complimentary lunch on embarkation day. The volcano nachos were a huge hit at Margaritaville. We then proceeded to find our cabin. Our H6 Haven Aft Penthouse Suite, 11912, was already prepared for us and our luggage was waiting for us. I cannot say enough about this spacious suite! It had a good sized bedroom complete with a television and a comfortable king-sized bed. The master bathroom was roomy and light with floor to ceiling windows, a tub, large shower, two sinks and a private area for the toilet. In the living area, there was another bathroom, a table with four chairs, a refrigerator and Nespresso espresso machine, a sleeper sofa, and a television. The best part of our cabin was the expansive balcony. It had room for a table with four chairs, two lounge chairs and lots of extra space. The view of the ship’s wake was amazing! Our butler came to introduce himself and offered to have my wedding dress and my husband’s tuxedo steamed. That evening, we met with our wedding coordinator to review our plans and enjoyed beers in the District brewery. Our wedding was the following morning and it went off without a hitch. I had my hair styled and makeup applied in the salon at the spa. Both the hair stylist and makeup artist were friendly and responsive to my wishes. Our wedding was held in the Manhattan Room, where a red carpet led to a beautiful backdrop of flowers atop pillars. The captain of the ship, Giovanni Cutugno, performed our ceremony and he did a phenomenal job. He was very professional and friendly. We and our witnesses signed marriage documents at a table decorated with flowers and rose petals. The photographer captured the ceremony and also accompanied us to various settings on the ship to take wedding photos. Later that evening, we enjoyed our wedding dinner at Le Bistro. This was one of the most memorable meals of the cruise. Dinner was followed by our wedding cake cutting. The cake was so big that there was a lot left over, so it was brought to the kitchen, where our butler could access it later and serve it to us in our room. The remainder of the cruise and visit to Bermuda were our honeymoon. We sincerely enjoyed every second. The dining was top notch, we loved the entertainment, Bermuda and our shore excursions were amazing, and service was first rate. We dined quite a bit in the Haven restaurant, where we were greeted by name and the servers were cognizant of my food allergies after telling them about these on our first visit. The food in the Haven was decadent and kept us coming back for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. On two evenings we ate at Cagney’s and another dinner was at Teppanyaki. Both of these restaurants were exceptional in atmosphere, food and service. Other meals were eaten at O’Sheehan’s, Savor and the buffet. We were very satisfied at all of these restaurants. My favorite restaurants were the Haven Restaurant and Le Bistro. In between meals, we visited Starbucks often. The coffee was excellent, as were the cupcakes. The only show that we attended was the Brat Pack and it was very entertaining. I was impressed by the acting and singing. My favorite decade of music is the 1980s, so the music was right up my alley. I took two spin classes in the fitness center. They were challenging but accessible to riders of all levels. It was nice to fit in some good workouts with all of the exquisite food on the ship! The Haven pool and lounge were a nice break from the bustle of activity on the ship. While the other pool was crowded, the Haven pool had only a few people in it when we were there. We also relaxed on the Haven sundeck. I fell in love with Bermuda. What a beautiful destination! The pink sands and rock formations at Horseshoe Bay beach were breathtaking. Hamilton was a quaint area with plenty of interesting shops and sights to see. We went on a snorkeling excursion on a catamaran and had a great time in the water and on the catamaran. My favorite excursion was swimming with the dolphins. The dolphin trainers were very knowledgeable and willing to convey a wealth of information about dolphins in general as well as the personalities of the individual dolphins. We got our pictures taken with dolphins and got to participate in some dolphin training exercises. I even got to kiss a dolphin on the nose! I enjoyed the ability to explore Bermuda for almost three days. Our butler and room steward were responsive to our requests. Our butler brought special treats to our room daily and served us breakfast in our room on multiple occasions. We invited our wedding witnesses to our room for shrimp cocktail, served by our butler. Even though we were in the aft penthouse suite, far from the Haven proper, our butler was just a phone call away. The room steward was so friendly and she kept our room very tidy. She even left an animal, fashioned out of towels, on our bed nightly. Both the butler and room steward were courteous and respectful. Although I was sad to see our honeymoon come to a close, I was wowed by the smoothness of debarkation. We elected to carry our luggage off of the ship and were among the first passengers to leave. We were whisked through the gates and back on land in no time. I have beautiful memories of my wedding and honeymoon cruise. In fact, we will be returning to Bermuda aboard the Norwegian Encore for our second anniversary!

Wonderful Wedding at Sea

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

The Haven Aft-facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H6 11912
This cabin is a must see!
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins