• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

arkellyfl
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

My husband and I chose this cruise because we wanted to see the Panama Canal. I had taken this cruise 5 years ago with a friend and I knew my husband would enjoy the itinerary and seeing the Canal. And I knew Princess was a reliable company. We did not explore Ft. Lauderdale since we are Florida residents and have been there many times. My husband prefers cruises that we can drive to and from, so this itinerary was suitable.

The ship was nice and not overdone and gaudy. It was a bit shop worn in places, but it did not affect our enjoyment. All the staff we encountered throughout the cruise were friendly and helpful.

We upgraded to a Club Class mini suite with a balcony and we are now totally spoiled. The Club Class dining was great. We never had to wait in line to get a great seat in the restaurant and the waiters were excellent, remembering our names and preferences. The extra menu choices for the Club Class were always great.

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Cabin M1

The cabin was roomy, well located and had lots of storage. The balcony was ample to sit and enjoy the view. The only complaint was the sofa in the cabin. It was very uncomfortable. However, that is probably on purpose. The cruise line doesn't want you spending lots of time sitting in your room!! The beds and pillows were VERY comfortable. Our room steward was great. We didn't see him or interact with him too often , but our room was always in great shape and well supplied. I would have preferred a separate shampoo and conditioner rather than a combo product. I am glad I brought my own even though they advertised the convenience of not having to pack those items. The bathroom had plenty of room. We rarely felt any movement in our cabin, although on one day we felt lots of movement in other areas of the ship.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia)

knowledgeable, friendly tour guide. enjoyed the boat ride to see the city from another view. Didn't do any shopping.

3 Helpful Votes