3. Carnival Magic
Our 8th cruise and our friends first cruise. We had aft balconies on Deck 6. Warning, you WILL hear a lot of thumping from the Comedy Club below you. This was our only fault with the cruise. Yes, partially my fault for booking a room above a public venue, but who knew the comedy club would sound like a night club when they weren't performing. Music was gone around 11:30-12 each night. Had a great time with our friends, enjoying our balconies together. Fortunately, we were able to open the divider between our two rooms. I didn't realize that only certain balconies can be opened to each other. We had dinner in the Main Dining Room every night, and breakfast each morning. The dress code for the MDR has definitely relaxed over the years and I even took advantage of a couple of nights to wear shorts. Food was fantastic as usual. Love the Crème Brulee! We went to a couple of the Playlist shows and enjoyed them - 88 Keys, Flick and Rock USA. The Love and Marriage show was a clunker, but that is totally dependent on the guests. There were a couple of moments that were funny, but overall disappointing. We enjoyed the Violin trio that played in the Atrium, the Acoustic duo that performed in the Red Frog Pub and Atrium and Vitamin Sea and the Supplements in the Ocean Plaza. Tried the Piano Bar one night and it was OK, but I think we were spoiled by Scott on the Sunshine a few years back and haven't found a comparable piano player since. Embarkation and Debarkation were a breeze. Yes, we had FTTF and this made it better. We were on the ship before 1130 and rooms were ready. We got out luggage by 3. The only serious lines were on Embarkation day, when everyone was trying to eat lunch at about the same time. Any other day, never hade more than 3 or 4 people in any line. Pig and Anchor was good, had a Guy's Burger, Fish Tacos and a deli sandwich. We went to Magen's Bay and with 4 ships in port - NOT A GOOD IDEA. Pricey for 2 hrs at the beach. Went to Playa Chata in Amber Cover and that was great. Quiet all-inclusive resort. I was pleasantly surprised that during a Spring Break cruise that the crowds were a minimum. Serenity always had places available and it looks like everyone followed the 21+ rule.

Magical cruise with newbies