3. Costa Fortuna
We cruised with Costa for the first time in 2018, on the Diadema. It was excellent, so we booked again on the Fortuna. All in all, it was a good cruise, but I felt not as good an experience as the Diadema. The ship is smaller for a start, and I missed the numerous bars and extra expanse of the Diadema. The staff were in the large part nice and friendly with a few exceptions. Those who run the buffet cannot get it cleared quick enough at 'closing time'. Apart from he fact that breakfast has to be taken by 9.30am, and the food will be whipped away at exactly 9.30am, lunch and dinner are a similar experience. Food in the buffet was decent enough, but repetitive. However the biggest issue was that everything was luke warm to downright cold. Even seconds after replenishing, cuts of meat, potatoes etc all luke warm. Costa also still persist with this ridiculous policy of having a manned drinks area. Stingily opening cans of coke etc and pouring them into glasses. God forbid you should want a WHOLE can of coke! This is glaringly different to my last cruise on the MSC Seaside in the Caribbean, where drinks of all kinds are dispensed, water freely available, and even Wine is help yourself at dinner time. Food in the restaurants is excellent, every night was superb. I just felt overall, the Diadema was a better experience. We enjoyed the Fortuna, it tries, is very clean and pleasant, but we would probably not book it again.

Our 2nd Costa Cruise, but had its good and bad

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by Pauli363

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Classic

Food in the restaurants is excellent, every night was superb.

Pauli363’s Full Rating Summary
Get Costa Fortuna price drops

Balcony Classic
Cabin BC 8301
as with all others we have been in. Standard layout, very clean and well maintained daily.
Lisbona Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins