• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Golden Princess Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

This was the second time we have done N.Z. but it was just as enjoyable.

Review for Golden Princess to Australia & New Zealand
Irene Hackett
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Feb 2019
Cabin: Grand Suite with Balcony

We left Melbourne in lovely sunshine. The problem was the help to take the luggage to the ship finished at 1p.m. The fact that we were platinum passengers we went straight through. Our suite was beyond expectations. It was double the normal size with a spa and a mini bar.The meals were delicious and a good range of options. We had breakfast in the Crown Grill most mornings and the attention to detail and service was excellent. The ship was quite crowded as it was a full cruise. The entertainment was enjoyable especially the Rod Stewart impersonator. I spent several nights at the casino playing roulette. The staff there were very friendly and helpful. Apart from the fact I won made it even better. I was a little disappointed with the activities offered during the day. I played Jenga but there was only 1 other person playing. I was quite annoyed with all push from Effi the jewellery company. Also the art company as it was continual brochures in your slot near your door.

Grand Suite with Balcony

Cabin S1

This suite was quite grand, the balcony with 2 sun lounges and a table and 4 chairs. The inside was so spacious. The spa bath was great and the walk-in robe. The lovely white robes and scuffs were so useful. Our stewart was pleasant and always there to please.

Find a Golden Princess Cruise