3. Carnival Magic
This was my 12th Carnival cruise and 16th cruise overall. We loved this ship and had a wonderful time. Embarkation was very smooth as I am now platinum and so we basically arrived at the port at 11:30 and practically walked on the ship. Our aft balcony was perfect. We had cabin 9474 as each end of deck 9 and deck 8 have balconies that are much wider than the middle balconies. I booked this cabin over a year in advance as the other end was already booked. We also like to be under the lip of the lido as we prefer a shaded balcony. The hallway is typically quite quiet at the back as well as the only people walking by have cabins in the back. Our stateroom Heri and his assistant Edison were wonderful. The room was clean and very comfortable. My sons had their own inside cabin which was also nice. The ship itself was very similar to the Carnival Breeze and Dream which we loved so I knew that I would like the layout of this ship too. Upon Embarkation, it is ½ happy hour at the Red Frog pub. We also ate at the Guys BBQ as we knew that would be lined up on sea days. It was yummy. The food was excellent. We eat at the main dining room every night. We noticed this crowd to be a lot less casual than other cruises which made the MDR very quiet and the Lido busier at night when we walked through. Each to their own as that is why they have the option. Breakfast in the MDR as well was excellent. Lunch we enjoyed Guy’s burgers and a burrito. We love the deli for a late night snack and very a very late night snack, at 11:30 they would put out some food including a very delicious chicken noodle soup. The ports were all good. We stopped at Amber Cove, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico and Grand Turk. Puerto Rico was by far our favourite. If you are walking to the fort, I recommend the path along the ocean as the views of the wall and ocean were incredible. You will see dozens of beautiful feral cats along the way as well. The sign says that they are captured, fixed and then returned and fed. They weren’t friendly but very sweet to see. The passengers on this voyage seemed like they were from all very different walks of life. They ranged from the very casual to very fancy. Everyone was friendly, polite and courteous. There were lots of kids on this voyage and they were also polite and courteous. My sons were in Circle C and O2 which they loved. They have moved up from the days of Camp Carnival (they are one cruise away from platinum). The youth workers are always wonderful. You would see packs of teenagers walking around together and again they were always respectful. Sometimes we would get a glimpse of my own teens in the groups. The shows were all very good. The singers on this voyage were better than some other ones. We loved all the show but are not a big fan of Flick which other seem to love so my opinion shouldn’t stop others from seeing or enjoying. Comedians were hilarious. Arrive early as it is hard to find a seat right before it starts. John Heald was on this cruise which was so nice to meet him and get my picture with him. Vito the Captain was so friendly and personable. He had no problem posing for a photo with my son and I in Grand Turk. MarQ is wonderful. He is one of my favourites so far and we have sailed with him twice. You can tell that he really loves what he does and wants everyone to have a great time. He was around a lot and so much fun! Debarkation was easy as again, I am platinum. We heard rumblings from our Facebook page that there was an incident in customs and that there was a big delay getting off the ship after us. My only complaint and I know this may sound ridiculous to some is that Carnival eliminated NBC, CBS and ABC on the stateroom TV’s. Now I know that we do not cruise to watch TV but in the morning I like to watch a bit of the Today Show or Good Morning America and at night, I like a bit of the news or evening talk show as well. They have a news channel (not CNN) that is very boring. Other channels are Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network for the kids, HGTV and Food Network. I wish Carnival would bring back NBC, CBS and ABC.

Very Enjoyable

Ages 16+
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8N 9474
I recommend the two end aft balconies on deck 9 and 8 as they are much bigger than the ones in the middle. We loved our lounge chair and spending time on the aft balcony.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins