3. Celebrity Summit
This was my 10th cruise, but my first on Celebrity. This was a very port intensive cruise with 5 port stops. We had the opportunity to sail on a completely refurbished ship, after being in dry dock for 6 weeks. The ship itself was very well appointed, with a modern design. We were in a Concierge class C2 cabin. We don't require the extra service, but when we booked, it was actually less expensive than a regular balcony cabin. If there was an extra cost, this upgrade would definitely not be worth it. Basically, the extras are, a bottle of wine and finger food each afternoon, which we were seldom able to even identify. You get priority boarding, but on this cruise, it mean't nothing, as regular boarding took maybe 10 minutes. Best that I have ever experienced. Other than that, you get a person to help if you have extra problems and we had none. The cabin was very nice, with a larger than normal shower, with a door and not a shower curtain. The room was all new, furniture, fixtures and bed. Plenty of room and nice balcony. There was a 42 inch TV, with on demand movies. From prior reviews, the two things that were expected from Celebrity, were great, friendly service and above average food. These reviews were right on. The entire crew seemed there to help you, if needed. The room steward was very nice, and did his job. That's all we need. The service in the main dining room was excellent. A special thanks to Bryan and Shanice for that. We always made reservations and therefore got the same table every night. Shanice is, now, like a member of our family. My son and daughter in law exchanged facebook info with her. Dining was always a very pleasant experience. There seemed to be more choices on the menu than other lines that we have been on. The food itself was very good. We did eat once in the Tuscan Grill and although a bit pricey, the food and service were also very good, with loads of menu choices. The entertainment was mostly good, even though the productions shows were not to my taste, I could tell the talent was certainly not lacking. There were 2 comedians, the first was lousy, the second was pretty good. There was also, an illusionist, who I did not see, but my son didn't like his show at all, so this is secondhand information. The ship itself was new and clean, and seemed uncrowded throughout. The only time there was a crowd was at the pool on the sea day. Perfectly understandable. The demographics were a bit younger than usual, since it was spring break, in some places. There were a lot of parents with teen and preteen kids. No problem that I saw. My only thought was that I wasn't sure if these kids could stay busy on this ship, There were no waterslides or mini golf and an extremely small arcade. Luckily, there was only one sea day. This ship is better for adults than children. There were a few minor negatives, thus the 4 rating. Celebrity has a very good on board app with all the cruise information, like menus and activities etc. The problem was that the information was not correct after the first 3 days. We chose our night at the specialty restaurant, based on us not being overwhelmed by the menu that night. It turned out, we had bad information and that night we would have loved the menu. Sometimes bad information is much worse than no information at all. The second minor complaint involved the casino. We didn't like the cash only policy in the casino. We didn't bring much cash, because, as a rule you can't spend cash on a ship. Not here. Also, there were too many slot machines for the space. Some were almost impossible to get to. Also, a couple of the excursions, that we chose, were less than satisfactory. I know it was our choice, but again, you need all the facts to make a good decision. On one, we had 12 older folks jammed into a van. On another, we were in the rear of an open air truck like vehicle, when everyone else at that port were in air conditioned buses. No mention of this in the description of the excursion. In summary, it was an enjoyable week on a very good, like new ship. The service was great, the food was very good. The cabin was great. Embarkation was the best ever. and it was great to leave snow for 80 degree weather. Would I travel on Celebrity again? Sure.

An enjoyable Southern Caribbean Cruise

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Larry0024

Larry0024’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8056
Excellent room. Great shower, for a cruise ship. Plenty of room and furniture and bed were brand new.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins