3. Royal Princess
Some friends wanted to cruise and invited me along. I have been weary of cruising because I really like traveling to places and thoroughly immersing myself into the culture of the place I am visiting. I did ALOT of research on our destinations prior to the cruise to hit a highlight in each port. I was able to figure out what places I would like to revisit - or not. The ship was beautiful and was very easy to navigate - after a day. The Cruise Director Matt O' and his staff: Sin, Dan, Andrew, Justenn, Phil, and Hunter were all great! Very personable, REAL people. No stuffiness there at all. The food was good. We spent more time enjoying the specialty restaurants and pop-ups. The dining room was good. Our waiter was a little stuffy at first and we weren't sure that he was our kind of person. But the last night, he pulled out the stops and showed all his personality. We did go a little wild and definitely caused a scene in the dining room. We figured this is probably why he was so stuffy the rest of the week - because he probably knew right off the bar that he had a rowdy group and he was trying to keep the decorum of the dining room intact. I did enjoy the variety of choices in the buffet the couple of times we ate there. Retreat pool was great. We didn't travel with kids, but it was fun to see the teenagers participating in different activites throughout the week. The only real problem that I encountered was one couple who insisted on keeping their scooters in the hallway. This made it extremely difficult to navigate the hallway with my own scooter. We spoke with the couple and that didn't work, so we contacted guest services. They immediately addressed it with the couple and the couple continued to leave their scooters in the hall. The ship staff continued to address the issue, and the scooters were eventually not in the hallway anymore. International Cafe was a great place to grab a quick bite.

First Cruise Ever

Royal Princess Cruise Review by MamaMcQ

MamaMcQ’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE C128
The cabin was great! It fit our needs beautifully. I was able to store my scooter in the room and still have PLENTY of room to move around. Our cabin steward was great! Our room was always clean and ready for us when we would return from breakfast and dinner. There were plenty of drawers and other storage spaces for us to completely unpack and room to store purchases.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins