3. Norwegian Breakaway
My husband and I choose this cruise for our 10 ur anniversary. We have cruised carnival several times but opted for Norwegian this time believing it was an upgrade from carnival. The breakaway is HUGE therefor holding many more passengers than any carnival cruise we’ve been on. Embarkation went very quickly which was a good sign. We were able to immediately get into our room which also was a plus. We had a mid ship family balcony which was fairly well sized but not any bigger than carnival balcony rooms. The bathroom was bigger and had a separate glass shower which was nice. Day one we get into our cabin and there is a notice that you can put clothes out to be pressed and they will be returned the next day. We put a few shirts in and the cabin steward picked them up. We didn’t receive them back until Tuesday after we called three times. Our shower kept backing up and flooding the bathroom, had to call several times to get that fixed and it finally was but only lasted a couple days then it backed up again. There is only two outlets in the room by the counter. If you have two things plugged in it will blow the breaker. Maintenance told me I could only use my straightener for five minutes then turn it off for three. It’s next to impossible to get a drink on the boat even though their are several bars on the ship. The food was better than carnival and there were more choices. The ship is nice and everything was clean. The pool is small and poorly placed, you can only see what’s going on at the pool if you’re in it. Also if you want a shaded deck chair you have to get up super early and save chairs even though you’re not supposed to be aloud too. Our first excursion day I ordered the breakfast to the room. Didn’t get it until it was too late to eat it and they missed half of the order. Needless to say I definitely don’t think it was that much of an upgrade from carnival and I don’t know that we would cruise Norwegian again. I would say there are things carnival can learn from Norwegian but definitely more that Norwegian an learn from carnival.

Western Caribbean 7 day sailing March 31st 2019