3. Celebrity Summit
This was the first cruise after the Summit Renovation that is part of the Celebrity Revolution. The ship is beautiful, to say the least. I booked the Concierge Class state room out of curiosity. I read that if the difference is only $100 - $150 per person for the week that we should do it for the perks. I liked the stateroom size and location. We like a nice sized stateroom and balcony. I looked at the Aqua Class but decided we would not use it with only 1 sea day in this itinerary. Boarding was quick and effortless with no lines for Concierge Class. The Embarkation luncheon was what you would expect in a dining room on a nice ship. It was quiet and relaxing. The gin and tonic I ordered was good. In fact, we enjoyed the Main Dining room and the buffet more than the specialty dining. We did the GO BEST offer for this cruise and I do recommend it. It is money that would be spent anyway, and the upgrade to the Premium Beverage package makes any cruise charges minimal. Concierge Class comes with perks, besides the Embarkation luncheon in the main dining room. We received a bottle of sparkling white wine which we enjoyed the first day. It opens like a Champagne bottle so no cork screw is needed. I packed one but we did not use it. We received the bowl of fresh fruit beginning on day 2, and I finally told our steward we had enough for the week after the second day. We received the afternoon snacks each afternoon between 3 and 4 PM, and they succeeded in ruining our appetites for dinner. We did not eat them every afternoon. No serving utensils come with them and sometimes a piece of crusty bread or tortilla chips would have been nice additions. We did not inquire about the pillow menu since we were comfortable with what was in the cabin. The robes and towels are nice and plush. I would not book Concierge Class for the perks. They are just nice additions. I booked it for the added space in the room. I ordered a continental breakfast one morning through Room Service. One thing I liked was the telephone call from the kitchen letting us know it was on its way to us. We took it out to the balcony and enjoyed hot coffee, bread and pastries with some of the left over afternoon fruit. It was a very pleasant morning. We also ordered lunch one afternoon through Room Service. I ordered 2 Chicken Caesar salads, which were excellent. We got the cheese platter and fruit platter, and I think I preferred it to the Concierge Class fruit bowl and snacks. The snacks are a little different and some days were quite enjoyable. I ended up going to a bar to get a mojito and coke, since the only complimentary beverages with Room Service are tea, lemonade, and milk. We learned that we needed to request ice for our drinks. The only mojito worth ordering was a frozen mojito from the pool bar. The lime and mint leaves are blended into the drink. It is delicious. The gin and tonics varied, and we learned to order a double shot of gin in them. The martini bar and main dining room made the strongest drinks. Some bartenders were better than others. The Sunset bar behind the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) was a nice addition. There were bars we did not frequent, and we did not try everything on the ship. We booked Specialty dining with our On Board Credit. Qsine is interesting, but we liked the filet mignon the best and it was served last. If you do this restaurant, resist the temptation to order as many as they say you can. Order an appetizer for each of you to share, as well as 2 different entrees. Then order dessert from the menu. The surprise dessert was surprisingly disappointing. The Tuscan Grille is hard to get to unless the forward elevator is used. It is off the beaten path and was not crowded. I did not like the lasagne, but the crab cake appetizer was excellent. I think this one is one we will not repeat. We had a fantastic broiled lobster tail dinner in the main dining room one night. This dinner made us question the need for Specialty dining on a Celebrity ship. The only entertainment we enjoyed was the ‘December 63’ show which features the music of the Four Seasons. The other entertainment was just okay, and we do not go to any of the late night comedy shows or events.

Results of the renovation were beautiful

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by marybarry2019

marybarry2019’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8052
The bathroom is somewhat small but it is adequate. The hand held shower head is nice to have. The room is tastefully decorated in neutrals and there are USB ports as well as electrical outlets in the room near a large lighted mirror. Plenty of lighting; sofa could be longer; but taken as a whole, the room was very nice.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Tour
    St. Johns, Antiqua was an accessible port from the ship. We booked the Island Overview tour and it was a good tour. We were left off a few blocks from the ship, near a flea market full of individual stalls. We also found a place to eat lunch near the market. The lunch was basically Jerk Chicken, Rice and Beans, with Cole slaw. It was ok. We thought it was overpriced. If we had seen the restaurants closer to the ship, we would not have selected it. The flea market is interesting, but mostly full of junk souvenirs. All I can say is Buyer Beware for this flea market. I was shown handkerchief dresses the correct size for my granddaughters, but upon reviewing the purchase later, found that 2 dresses too small were substituted. This was a major disappointment, since these dresses are only available for purchase in the Caribbean.
    View All 160 Island Tour Reviews
  • San Juan
    We stayed in San Juan for a night before the cruise and 2 nights after the cruise. One notable restaurant was Cayo Caribe in Old San Juan. It served fresh seafood, and was a delicious meal there the night before the cruise.
    View All 3,707 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • Christiansted Cultural Tour
    St. Croix was very windy and the ship parked itself at the end of a very long pier. We booked the excursion the Christiansted and were picked up next to the ship. We learned a lot about St. Croix from our tour guide, but would have preferred to have been dropped off at the end of the pier next to the port shopping at the end of the tour. The wind was too strong for us to walk it from the ship. Many people stayed on the ship, most likely for the same reason we did.
    View All 2 Christiansted Cultural Tour Reviews
  • St. Kitts
    St. Kitts is a favorite port of mine. I especially like the Caribelle Batik factory at Romney Manor. I purchased 2 large pieces of fabric (2 and 3 yards) and a bag of pieces. The pieces are not cut for quilting, but they are pretty pieces and I will enjoy working with them on a project. I spent $175 so it is not cheap fabric. I also bought 2 hand towels that were a splurge at $20 apiece. I was not disappointed with this purchase as I was in other ports.
    We did an ATV excursion that included a stop at the Batik factory. The excursion was booked through Viator.com and we enjoyed it. It was hot and my hands got a bad sunburn on them. I recommend 50 SPF with zinc for hands and nose in the Caribbean. The sun is strong there, and the sun poisoning is no fun to have for the rest of the cruise. We would have liked more riding through the jungle, and less in the sun. My cruise partner decided it was too long, but I thought we got our money’s worth.
    View All 1,680 St. Kitts Cruise Port Reviews