Crown Princess Cruise Review

Crown Princess Cruise Review by murphy@5217

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This was our "Triple Crown Cruise" since it was the third time we've sailed on her. The Crown has been updated so it looks brand new. With 10 days to relax and four new ports to explore it was a great cruise. We had the cabin the back of the ship which was very quiet except for the engines: we knew when the ship was docking since we heard, and felt, the side thrusters. There was a little more ocean motion that we felt at night and it was a pleasnt rocking that rocked us to sleep every night It stil was a wonderful room. The food was great at every food venue, but the Crown Grill is still the best steakhouse on land or sea and the Carribean. We were finally able to get reservations at The Sanctuary which was a whole new experience. The crew were outstanding and they all treated us like family. the International Cafe was our favorite place, as usual. There were great show and and the comedian was hilarious! I highly suggest swimming with the turtles in Barbados. Don't forget to book your next cruise while still on the ship! We love Princess Cruises!!!

murphy@5217's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D 733

This Suite has an extra large balcony, which I wished it had an extra chair since there were three adults using the Mini Suite. We have had Room 603 for the last two cruises on the Crown: this was the very last suite on the starboard side so there was little foot traffic going by our room. It was an excellent room, clean & comfortable. They had the new beds which are wonderful. It felt like home when we are on the Crown.

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

We took a bus tour of Fort Lauderdale then boarded the "Carrie B" sternwheeler for a tour of the waterways around all the mansions and cruise docks. We had an incident where an impaired( allegedly)driver hit our bus and then blamed our driver for hitting him. This delayed us a bit getting to the airport since we had to transfer to a different bus, but no flight delay problems. It was not the tour bus drivers fault, just annoying.

Scenic Railway

The Railway trip was fantastic. The narrow gauge rail line had beautiful views, historical sights, and the Tour lecturer was very impressive of her knowledge of the island. I was suprized at the number of old sugar mill windmill foundations. I highly reccommend taking this tour.

View All 303 Scenic Railway Reviews
Martinique

Just walked around the town to get a feel for this island

Turtle Swim

Qued on the beach before snorkling with loggerhead turles and then the stingrays showed up: it was way cool. There were lots of pretty fish, too. Great drinks and a fun dive. Great crew and it was a fun after party. I little too much walking to & from the boat. They need a little better way of getting on and off the snorkle boat.

View All 96 Turtle Swim Reviews
Catamaran Sail

Wonderful sailboat cruise: the drinks were tasty. Too bad we had some rude passengers but that's not the cruise boats fault. Beautiful water and a very relaxing day on the water.

View All 123 Catamaran Sail Reviews
Paradise Point Skyride

The banana daquaris were fantastic and the Mountain Top views were great. The tram ride up the mountain was breathtaking. Great views and wonderful shops. I loved having our picture taken with "Lady Gaga" the burro.

View All 116 Paradise Point Skyride Reviews
Horseback Tour

Very good tour. The horses were in good shape and the guides were very capable. I was very suprized how fun and exhilarating it was loping through the water. So I was on a horse, in the sea, so I guess you can say I rode a Sea Horse while on St. Thomas. I've been riding horses all my life so it was a typical trail ride until we got into the ocean. Very fun.

View All 21 Horseback Tour Reviews