3. MSC Seaside
We chose a seven-day cruise on MSC Seaside for several reasons—new ship with groundbreaking design, relaxing itinerary, and excellent price. My husband and I have done 52 cruises on various lines, so we’re experienced cruisers. We found the ship to be gorgeous—very “glitzy” finish. MSC Seaside was also very well kept; public areas were very clean, and our cabin steward did an excellent job. We booked the Fantastica package, which included 12 drinks each. We could choose from standard cocktails such as rum and Coke, the daily drink special, fruit smoothies on Deck 19, or yummy gelato shakes at the Venchi chocolate bar. Sodas, juices, coffees, and hot chocolate were also included in the package. Very nice benefit! The food in the main dining room was very good—perhaps not “wow,” but certainly tasty. Our waiter and assistant waiter were super fast and attentive. Portions were a bit smaller than on some cruises, but I appreciate that so I don’t go home impersonating a whale! Butcher’s Cut specialty steakhouse was marvelous. The buffet might not have been quite as extensive as some ships’ spreads, but the pizza was fantastic, and the Mac and cheese was superb. Outdoor seating for the buffet on Deck 8 was abundant and very pleasant. My only complaint was that soft serve ice cream was only available on Deck 16 at the smaller buffet during open hours. I missed my “on demand” chocolate cone! Entertainment on MSC is more Cirque du Soleil than storyline, but it was still good. The Michael Jackson show was outstanding! MSC put on a fantastic Cruise Critic party—the best we’ve ever experienced. Embarkation was kind of a hassle with long lines, but disembarkation was a breeze. I believe a lot of the criticism aimed at MSC Seaside lately has been really unfair. We had a great experience and found all staff members to be friendly. We will definitely sail MSC again, and we heartily appreciate the company’s loyalty match program.

Beautiful Ship, Great Experience

ladylinguatx’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Inside Stateroom
Cabin I2 13179
Very clean comfortable. Nice big shower and ample storage.
Venice Beach Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins