3. MSC Armonia
We chose this Cruise due to it being 8 days and having 2 days in Cuba. I had cruised on MSC before but my friend Ann had not. We chose a Balcony room with the Fantastica package which was great. The room was spacious though the bathroom was small and the Fantastica package was perfect. It gave us the flexibility to have a great coffee from the specialty coffee area in the AM and an adult beverage at night. Embarkation was a real breeze (as long as you have your paperwork completed). We arrived at the port around 11:30 and were on the ship by 11:45. This is the fastest I have ever gotten on a ship. Upon arriving we walked around the ship a little and found an empty Kiosk to set up our account. You have 48 Hours to process your account and the Kiosks are in numerous areas so you do not need to stand in line at the 1st one you see. After getting some lunch and exploring a bit our room was ready at 2:00pm. We spent a good bit of time in the Spa as we had purchased the Thermal Package. Also we sprang for acupuncture which was amazing. Dr. Randy is the best. My friend has constant back pain due to a medical issue. After 1 treatment the pain went away and did not return the entire trip. I was in a state of complete relaxation after having it done. We wanted to bring Dr. Randy home with us. The food was good and plentiful. A couple of days we had lunch in the main dining room which was a great treat. It was quiet and the food was excellent. The rest of the trip we ate at the Bistro upstairs as we wanted to just relax and not be on a set eating schedule. As it was we ate around every 3 hours. Our only complaint is there were not enough Cream Puffs. We wanted them every day. The Bread Pudding at the Afternoon Tea was one of our favorites. The ports were all interesting. In Roaten, Cozumel and Costa Maya we walked around town and shopped as we had planned 2 excursions in Cuba. The shopping in Costa Maya was the best. I can’t say enough about how much we enjoyed Cuba. It was very clean, safe, colorful, and chocked full of interesting architecture. The excursions we took were “The Hemmingway Tour” and the “Havana Cultural Sightseeing and Handicraft Market”. They were both well run with excellent busses and guides. Of the 2 we enjoyed the Cultural tour the best” as it took you to an Art School for special needs children that was fascinating. We did not attend any of the shows but we did enjoy the Music in the Bar areas, especially Sun and Salt. They were great. Overall it was one of the best cruises I have ever taken and I have taken over 20. As the ship is older it is smaller but lovely with staff that were friendly and extremely helpful. You never feel that you are being pushed to purchase something or herded like cattle. The Armonia has a much more sophisticated feeling than all the other Mega Ships.

Do not believe the Nay Sayers. Our Cruise on the Armonia was GREAT

MEDIAGIRL’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Balcony Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin B2 9172
We chose a Balcony room with the Fantastica package which was great. The room was spacious (Pleanty of room for 2 females) though the bathroom was small and the Fantastica package was perfect. It gave us the flexibility to have a great coffee from the specialty coffee area in the AM and an adult beverage at night.
Tormalina Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins