3. Norwegian Breakaway
We chose this 7 day cruise as it stopped at a couple of ports that we had not yet visited and was aboard a ship we had yet to sail, the Breakaway. My husband and I brought along our daughter and her boyfriend, both first time cruisers. We arranged to arrive a day early to our departure city and stayed a day after returning, so that we could explore New Orleans and we are so glad we did! We stayed in mini-suite/balcony cabins...deck 14...directly below the Garden Cafe, but amazingly, we weren't inundated with noise from foot traffic there. We had a blast on our Belize City and Cozumel excursions...can't go wrong with ATV's and Mayan ruins! Meals were great and the service was phenomenal! Huge shout out to the amazing Goodwin serving us delicious drinks on the Waterfront (our absolute favorite place to relax on sea days and, well, any time).....he was the BEST! Our favorite show this cruise was Rock of Ages.....I'm sure I annoyed everyone around me because I sang along the ENTIRE show! All in all, we enjoyed ourselves immensely and we're already planning next year's cruise!

Breakaway from the everyday!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Trudius Maximus

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Trudius Maximus’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 14204
Bed was comfortable, balcony perfect for us. Only complaint would be lack of outlets. They were only available at the desk area, none at bedside, which is where we typically accessed our wifi and uploaded photos and such at the end of the day.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Lamanai Mayan Ruins
    This is one of the longest excursions we've ever been on....7 hours. A lot of it on a .. not so comfortable bus .. an hour each way. Then onto the river safari...this was a blast! Smallish vessel...seats about 30, I think, goes VERY fast! Some cover from sun, but bring your sunscreen and a hat. Awe inspiring excursion....just amazing to see/touch/stand on these pieces of ancient history. It was hot.....very hot and a lot of walking and climbing once you get to the ruins. They give you a bottle of water, but I still got a bit overheated. We arrived back in the nick of time...but, as we booked through the cruise line, we weren't too concerned. Our guide, Maude, was fantastic!
    View All 118 Lamanai Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Costa Maya
    This was a very short port of call and we got a late start on the day. So, we did a little port shopping and grabbed drinks and lunch at Cantina Latina. Drinks and food were reasonably priced and it was great fun to watch their Luche Libre exhibition!
    View All 2,517 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
  • ATV Adventure
    Great time! The trails are rugged...bumpy...muddy...and a whole lot of fun! Be prepared to get dirty and for your legs to feel like rubber the next day! Jade Cavern was beautiful....glad no one told me there were bats in the cave before I jumped in the water, otherwise I probably would have chickened out! Great guides and a helluva lot of fun!
    View All 105 ATV Adventure Reviews
  • Harvest Caye
    We spent our time at this port of call relaxing at the beach. Clamshells rent for about $30. Drinks and food are on your own dime...not included in drink/meal packages...and expensive. We didn't realize there is a nature preserve-type attraction there until it was almost time to leave. If you want to participate in any of the activities there (zip line, parasailing, etc.) make sure you reserve it ahead....they didn't take walk-ins.
    View All 1,121 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • New Orleans
    We spent the day before our cruise, as well as the day after our cruise, exploring New Orleans. Cafe du Monde, beignets, French Quarter, second line parades (at least 3!) and, the WWII Museum. We ate red beans and rice, boudin balls and remoulade, gumbo and more! We even made our way to a quirky little comedy club that turned out to be some sort of training venue for comedians...The New Movement. It was.......weird. We were the only paying customers in attendance (the rest of the audience was comprised of fellow comedians/students?) but they made us feel welcome and we laughed a lot. Not bad for $8/person.
    View All 622 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews