Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review

• Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

The ship was gorgeous.

The Pro's

Many things to love here. The food was phenomenal. And I loved the fact that most of it was casual, without the sometimes rigid seating arrangements and times I heard some cruise lines use. I was able to eat about anytime I cared to in the complimentary dining fares. The specialty dining was by reservation which I understood. All of which I thought were first class.

All the crew members in every aspect went out of their way to help and to serve. With that, I was extremely impressed and appreciative. Being disabled and on a scooter,they were prepared to make things as easy and uneventful as I thought were possible. Well done by the crew.

The pool areas, the decks were pristinely maintained and entertainment was provided in which I enjoyed. There were shops on board, that were a bit upscale for my finances, but nice never the less. There was also an art exhibit with art that could be purchased.

The Cons

Being disabled and in a scooter was extremely challenging on accasions. Cabin area corridors were extremely narrow and at times difficult to navigate. Elevators were extremely difficult for myself and my scooter, as the elevator doors would attempt to close much too rapidly as I was attempted to embark and disembark.

The cabin itself, although set up for a handicapped person, with wider doorways for wheelchairs and such, were still extremely difficult for navigation. However, I did manage.

To me, the cost was the biggest problem on the con list. And unfortunately a huge consideration. Yes being disabled on a cruise ship can definately be a challenge, no doubt. But I travel alone, and when you travel alone, unfortunately you are subject to what I call up charges. What they are unrelated to how they list the prices, (per person) when you travel alone, you must pay subsidie charges, I suppose to make up for wht the cruise line ould have made if another person s traveling with you. So the bottom line is you I'll always pay more on line to wht couple would pay and you seem to get less. A huge negative in the con column for me as to whether I will be a returning customer.

Wammerjamner's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IC 11629

A handicapped room with all the useful rails and such in the bathroom. A wider entrance for wheelchairs. Still very narrow and difficult to manage with a scooter.

Wammerjamner