3. Norwegian Jade
We chose NCL because we had traveled on the Spirit a couple years ago and wanted to take our teenagers on a special trip over Spring Break. We had a total of six people - one mini-suite and one inside cabin. We opted to not do the specialty dining this cruise (as we didn't think the kids would fully appreciate it) and have our special offers consist of shore excursion credits. POSITIVE: Amazing entertainment/shows each evening. We were all so impressed! NEGATIVE: The smoking policy needs to change on NCL. The ENTIRE, and I mean ENTIRE, sixth floor was overwhelmed with cigarette odor because it is allowed in the casino and the doors were always open. Sometimes this spread through decks seven and five, as well. It was quite bad and an area through which we needed to walk to attend the shows. POSITIVE: Entourage Teens Club - lots of activities and the kids LOVED it. NEGATIVE: Groups of teenagers congregating on the stairs and other common areas when it was closed. Perhaps they can hang out in there during the day? POSITIVE: Steward attentiveness - he knew our names from the very first day! NEGATIVE: We'd never had a mini-suite. Other than the full bathtub, I'm not sure it should qualify for more than a balcony room. Also, we had reserved a mid-ship room and were clearly in the aft portion of the ship. Fortunately, none of my new cruisers got seasick. POSITIVE: The buffet had selections that changed daily and there was more variety than I remember on the last ship. NEGATIVE: The buffet was closed for up to 1 1/2 hours at a time and with our odd shore excursion arrival/departure times, we often arrived and weren't able to eat! While they told us to go to the Topsider's Grill, it also was closed at times. Yikes! NEGATIVE: The ice cream machine was broken off and on throughout the entire cruise! Major bummer for teenagers. POSITIVE: Most shore excursions. Really great experiences (mostly). NEGATIVE: Shore excursion in St. Lucia was TERRIBLE. In fairness, the shore excursion staff had warned us of problems but we booked it anyway. Unknown to us, they sent one of their staff incognito to check it out and tour with us. I didn't know this until I went to report our complaints with the tour. Also, note that they credited our accounts with 20% of our payment for our problems AND it appears they've removed that shore excursion from their list of availability!

Some good and some bad

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by RobynFry

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

POSITIVE: Amazing entertainment/shows each evening. We were all so impressed!

POSITIVE: Entourage Teens Club - lots of activities and the kids LOVED it.

POSITIVE: Steward attentiveness - he knew our names from the very first day!

POSITIVE: Most shore excursions. Really great experiences (mostly).

RobynFry’s Full Rating Summary