3. Anthem of the Seas
We booked this cruise four months prior to cruising. We have six people and three balcony cabins. We purchased the key program for all of the people in our party. I felt this was a good deal as it gave us the internet package which which was $11 per day by itself. For the extra $8 a day the perks seemed reasonable. I checked with Royal Carribean twice before our sailing to verify the time we would be able to board the ship. During both calls I was told 9:30. I also asked how many key packages they sold. I was told 50. Upon arriving at the dock we were told they would load the ship beginning at 11:30. I spoke to several other people who purchased the key and they confirmed they were all fine the same 9:30 time. We ended up boarding at 10:45. Once on board we enjoyed a great lunch at Chops and began to explore the ship. One of the other major key benefits was reserved seating at the shows you have made reservations for. During the first two shows we attempted to see the first did. It have enough seats in the key section to allow our party to sit together disputed having reservations. At the second show there was no signage indicating where key members would sit. One we located the area there were no seats available at all. After complaining we did get several phone calls asking us what happened but no one offered us any thing to make up for our inconvenience or refund us for the services not received. We also learned that there were 180 key packages sold, not quite the 50 we were told earlier. The priority dembarking at the ports was wonderful. No long lines. We found the service in the dining room to be lacking. Our dirty dishes sat in front of us for nearly 15 minutes one night and our drinks sat empty. There were a few standout dishes but most were merely ok. While all of the other food venues had a large variety of offering nothing really stood out as great. We really enjoyed The Gift but felt Spectra was just weird and Will Rock You only ok. The journey tribute band was great! The movies on deck were a fun stop at night and most of The game shows left everyone laughing. The pool areas in this ship are outstanding with a wide variety that will fit the bill for everyone. The seaplex was fantastic and our teens really enjoyed all the activities that were offered. All in all we had a fun vacation but it didn’t knock my socks off

Not what cruising used to be...

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by Momlancaster

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

The game shows left everyone laughing.

All in all we had a fun vacation but it didn’t knock my socks off
Momlancaster’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D
Great cabin although we continually had Issues with the TV and remote
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins