• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Aqua Class Balcony
cabin 9092

This cruise exceeded my expectations and this was my 39th cruise overall, over 7 different cruise lines. We were on its sister ship, the Millennium, in October and the Constellation seemed to be in better condition overall. The Millennium went into dry dock in Feb. and the Constellation is due early next year.

We were Aqua class guaranteed and I knew there was a risk being on the 9th deck with noise up above from the pool deck, but I didn't expect banging 2 nights in a row at 3:00am. I let guest relations know, and the next morning they called to see if it had been quieter which it had. She told me they sent security there overnight to make sure it was quiet.

We also got an unrelated call from Guest Relations to ask how our arrival to to ship went. We had a problem with Choice air reservations which cost us more at the airport and I was going to contact them then I returned from our trip to resolve it. Guest relations immediately issued me a credit on our account without going back through Choice Air.

Aqua Class Balcony

Cabin A2

If you have a choice, don't pick a cabin under the pool deck. I didn't mind hearing people walk, but when they started dragging and banging furniture around, it gets noisy.

Port Reviews

Abu Dhabi

The Grand Mosque was the highlight.

Dubai

Dubai mall has the tallest building in the world, an aquarium, and a water fountain show to music on a regular schedule.

Muscat

The grand mosque was the highlight. Not a lot to see here.

Mumbai (Bombay)

The city is crowded and dirty, but that's India. Lots of interesting architecture, the outdoor laundries, and Elephanta Island.

Kochi (Cochin)

Chinese fishing nets, Jew Town, Dutch Palace, and St. Francis Church.

Colombo

Traffic was terrible so we only got to see a Buddhist temple, a Hindu temple and Independence Hall.

Phuket

Beautiful beaches and resorts. Big Buddha, botanical gardens. Was Chalong Buddhist temple.

Singapore

Spend a couple of extra days here if you can. We took a foodie tour through With Locals that was fun and took us to back streets. Gardens by the Bay, Chinatown, Little India, walk along the river to see historical buildings, interesting statues and restaurants.

4 Helpful Votes