3. Westerdam
This was the friendliest cruise ship, we have been on. The crew were helpful and happy to serve. Stateroom was comfortable and larger than those on the newer ships. Good selection of tv programmes and movies available. The only problem we had was with the air conditioning was not strong enough to cool the room enough during the night. The main dining room was good especially in the anytime dining restaurant, food was well presented and there were plenty of menu choices available including regional specialities to suit everyone. The lido was a little bit of a let down, due mainly to the way it was arranged for service. Breakfast was the worst as I had to wait at two different counters to be served my bacon and eggs as the english bacon and sausage were not available on the same counter as the fried eggs or the omelette counter. The dive in was excellent as the burgers are cooked to order with fries etc.... The salad bar was also good with a lot of choice. Entertainment on the main stage was a little disappointing and repetitive, the enrichment program was better and I especially enjoyed the port talks and lectures on the places we visited. The entertainment staff were very visible and I especially enjoyed the trivia and games.

Cruise of Asia

KetoCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Westerdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin E 1112
The stateroom as larger than I have seen on other ships, with a good sized 3 seater sofa and a lot of wardrobe space. The stateroom stewards were fantastic, very helpful and friendly.

The tv had good choice of movies and programmes.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins