3. MSC Armonia
This was the third cruise my family and I have taken with MSC. We have had positive experiences before but not this time on board the MSC Armonia. It started poorly with the embarkation process. A process that in previous Cruises had been pretty smooth was a complete mess. The agent checking us in did not know the itinerary. Kept telling us different ports that we were not going to. Once on the boat we went directly to the room. It was an inside cabin. Small compared to other ships but I understand booking an inside cabin my expectations should be realistic. If you have more than 2 people staying in the room your items will not fit in the closet. The shower was no better, the curtain did not close all the way, water everywhere and the handle rail was broken and the handle to the water was also broken. The buffet left a lot to be desired. There was not much variety. Everyday it seemed to be roasted chicken, rice and vegetables. The Pizza, burgers, and hot dogs by far the best selections food wise. In previous ships the entertainment has been excellent but it seems like they use this ship for training or to tryout new performers because the shows left a lot to be desired. The rest of the entertainment was not great either. Other that the Newly Wed game the Cruise Director was non existent like previous ships. One worker specifically was very rude and lazy. He did not want to set up pool deck games unless there was a line of people waiting to play. He had little motivation and less energy getting people to get involved with the activities. When I questioned him about the games he got nasty and started arguing with me. I said to him part of what I payed for goes towards entertainment , his response was well I don't care I do not get paid tips. I complained to guest services and no supervisor would speak to me. Honduras stop was a mess. I understand tendering is an issue anywhere but on a 6 hour stop in Honduras it took over 2 hours to get out of the boat, leaving even less time to enjoy Roatan. Again went to guest services and was basically told too bad MSC guest that booked MSC excursion get priority too bad. There was very little to no empathy or sympathy for the guest. Not many activities for kids 10 to 13 year range. Most kids this age are past legos and coloring. Not enough activities in the sports deck for them. It wasn't all bad, our room attendant was great and the room was always clean. The bartenders on the pool deck were also very good. Very friendly and actually acted like they were enjoying themselves and liked their jobs. The restaurant experience was also great. Had a very friendly waiter and helper. It is unfortunate to have experienced this and would make it very difficult to book another cruise with MSC.

Good Itinerary, Horrible Service

Ages 10 to 12
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Interior Stateroom – Fantastica
Cabin I2 9166
"It was an inside cabin. Small compared to other ships but I understand booking an inside cabin my expectations should be realistic. If you have more than 2 people staying in the room your items will not fit in the closet. The shower was no better, the curtain did not close all the way, water everywhere and the handle rail was broken and the handle to the water was also broken."

Cleaning person was very good though. He did a great job keeping room clean.
Tormalina Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins