MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by tuddyone

• Sail Date: Dec 2018
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Balcony Stateroom

We are seasoned travelers who have experienced Norwegian; Royal Caribbean, Viking River and many other reputable Shipping lines.

This Ship is old and the worst service we have ever experienced on any Ocean/ River Cruise Company.

You are forced to buy a Drinks Package (Even for Water) and the Wine selection was absolutely pathetic quality and value. AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

The Restaurant experience was one star rating - Awful food

The Buffet was the worst we have ever experienced - It was like eating in a Pig Pen. The food was poorly presented; cold and lifeless. Everyone we sat with at Dinner complained about the Ship, the service and the food.

Room Service was pathetic - Breakfast in your Cabin was cold Toast / Croissants and Cold Coffee or Tea. No Hot Breakfast.

The staff who were 90% Philippine were poorly trained and had problems with the multitude of languages including English.

If you asked for White Wine you were lucky if you got a glass of Rough Red or water.

I got sick on the cruise and ended up in the Ships Hospital for treatment by the Doctor's Death from Romania. The were sticking intravenous drips injected with drugs into me for their diagnosis of Viral Pneumonia and I just kept getting worse from their treatment. In Tenerife they arranged for me to see a REAL Doctor at an emergency Hospital with the sole aim of getting me off the ship. The Doctor examined me and ran several tests; Blood Tests and X Rays and told me to stop taking the medications the Ships Doctors were forcing into me as they were the wrong medications for me. He advised me that I did not have Viral Pneumonia just a severe Head Cold and Lower lung infection and prescribed the correct antibiotics and support medications and he advised the Ships Doctors that I was fit to continue our journey.

The MSC Sinfonia Doctor's Death were treating me with the incorrect medications and they made me pay in excess of $2,000 for their inexperienced and incorrect diagnosis / treatment.

My wife and I were verbally abused by the Ships Doctor when we questioned why we were being off loaded in Tenerife and the associated costs without any prior consultation with us.

To top it off several excursions were cancelled and we arrived into Disembarkation Port "Barcelona" 10 hours late and had to pay for another set of airfares to London and it has taken 2 x months to get a credit payment - the Customer Service Departments are rude and abrupt with customers.

Travel with MSC at your own RISK - Sinfonia "The Ship From Hell"

tuddyone's Full Rating Summary

Fantastica Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B2 1031

The Cabin was about the best thing the cruise had to offer

tuddyone