3. Carnival Liberty
This was my and my husband’s 2nd cruise, but first for our boys (9 & 11). Getting on board was easy and quick. We were in room 1295. It was clean, so no problems there. Occasionally the shower drain would get backed up and overflow into the bathroom, but thankfully there’s a drain next to the toilet, so it wasn’t too bad. Our bags arrived quickly and we grabbed some food. The buffet usually had a nice variety and everything seemed fresh. Pizza was made to order and tasty. My boys loved the burgers at Guy’s. I had a half sandwich at the sandwich shop once, but the line was usually long, so after that I opted for other things. BBQ pork and Mac n cheese were good. I didn’t care as much for the Mexican spot. I got chicken tacos and the chicken seemed dry. I’m not a big Mexican food fan though. We ate in the dining room twice, but service was a bit slow. Food was tasty. Only one thing I had issue with was the crab cake. It came with a few little dots of sauce alongside it that seemed as though they had been sitting out for a while. I’d give the dining room maybe 3.75 stars. The first day was overwhelming - so many people and kids and with the party on the Lido deck the noise was overwhelming. I never saw any bad behavior, but my boys wanted to enjoy sitting in the hot tubs and couldn’t bc kids were splashing around like they were swimming pools. They also didn’t like that the pools were salt water. We didn’t do much in the way of entertainment, but we did attend a few all ages comedy shows which were funny despite being all ages. My boys checked out the kids club, but weren’t that impressed, so they didn’t go back. I didn’t think there was anything bad about it, they just hate that kind of thing. No biggie - we let them do their own thing as long as we knew where they’d be, but most of the time they stayed with us. The ship itself is starting to show its age a little, but they’re doing a great job of maintaining it and keeping it clean. Common areas are nicely decorated and not nearly as dated as the Sensation which my husband and I sailed on a few years back. Service was great everywhere we went. Our favorite waiter was Danny from Peru. He was incredibly patient with my kids ordering and so friendly to us all. Our room steward, Harry, from Guyana, was fantastic. Always taking the time to stop and chat with us about our day and see if we needed anything extra. He also gave us some tips on things to check out at our ports. We’d definitely sail with Carnival again as a family.

Great service

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by annm78

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We’d definitely sail with Carnival again as a family.
annm78’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Interior
Cabin 4B 1295
Clean, everything worked fine. Shower drain got backed up a few times, but there’s another drain next to the toilet, so even if it overflowed it cleared out quickly.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins