3. Carnival Vista
I have been cruising for over 20 years and a lot has changed over the years. Most importantly, the lack of staff. Carnival boosts they have a 1 staff for 2 person ratio but when you think about it, most of that staff is behind the scenes and you never come in contact with. The stateroom attendant and dining attendants are short severely short staffed. For the most part, I certainly cannot blame the staff for having to serve so many people at once with little assistance. With the exception at the casino. When playing at the casino, if you are lucky to have a server come to you for your drink selection, it takes nearly 45 minutes for the drink to arrive. Carnival Vista is a nice ship. A quite large ship. Banging doors were the norm all hours of the day and night. And parents (some that is), what's up with not supervising your children? The majority of the young adults run the ship unsupervised, swimming in the hot tub, running around the decks, running into people and lacked common courtesy . And adults (some), what's up with you going on deck early in the morning, putting your towel on a chair and leaving it unattended for hours on end? I guess people like that feel entitled to take for themselves and not respect other's that truly want to sit down and relax. It is amazing how disrespectful people can be! Matt the cruise director is awesome. He was an amazing host for the Veterans Appreciation program. I had a balcony room on the 8th floor, which was decent in size for four people. Only complaint....slamming doors! Food was okay, nothing impressive compared to years ago. I was amazed that not one night was there a non cream based soup on the menu. I was also shocked that other than the salad bar at the buffet, I couldn't find and grilled or steamed vegetables. I've some to realize that cruising is no longer a pleasure for me. To many rude people, bad food, short staffed.

Crowded, short staffed, slamming doors....oh my!

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by pjfrommd