3. Celebrity Reflection
What a holiday! This was our first cruise and to say we absolutely loved it would probably be an understatement. Embarking to begin with was very easy and quick. We arrived at the port around 11am and were on the ship around half an hour later with no problems. The cabin was bigger than we had expected, I found lots of room for all our bits and bobs, travelling from Ireland meant we could only carry a maximum 23KG luggage and 10KG hand luggage so we didn't have munch as we didn't bring cabin luggage with us (the plan was to stock up at Sawgrass Mills on the way home as we had a day to kill in Miami. The ship was beautiful, a little worn in some places but not to any extend that it was going to impact on our holiday. Overall we thought it was beautiful. We took part in the insiders tour on our second sea day, I wouldn't recommend it. I thought it was a big waste of time, very expensive, hard to hear and i wasn't very happy about a group of people walking around the kitchen with no hats or gloves on. All the staff we came into contact with were amazing, so friendly, helpful and eager to please. My other half isn't a huge fan of dressing up so we only ate in the MDR three times. I couldn't fault the food but then again I couldn't fault the food at the buffet either. I found the MDR very cramped and noisy. At times it was more romantic to eat in the buffet would you believe?! The only issue i had with staff was at the jewelry auction, a gentleman spilled his glass of champagne when he walked in front of the stage and the staff thought it was hilarious. My heart broke for him as he wasn't even aware of what he was doing and i thought if he was my little grandad i'd have been so annoyed. On the other hand I did lose my bag in the Cafe with my purse in it didn't realise until the following morning. It was at guest relations, untouched! i assume due to staff handing it in. We had a classic drink package which was more than enough for us. I tried almost every cocktail on the menu but even at 29 and 31 years of age we found ourselves in bed by 10.30 each night as we were exhausted! We never had to wait more than 2mins for a drink at any bar or at the coffee shop and we found the bar staff particularly polite and friendly. The singers and the shows on board were very good we went to 2 shows in the theater and the St. Patricks day songs the night before the big day. It was good- as Irish people we always find it funny how Danny Boy is considered an Irish song when its not lol but we enjoyed it :) the dancing on the other nights was amazing! Spending St. Patricks day in Costa Rica was one of my favourite days. It rained rather heavy and I think it just made our experience of the rainforset. I had a laugh at people trying to obtain a refund on their excursions as the weather was so bad, at home we would call that 'a wee drop a rain.' All our excursions were booked through Celebrity, as first timers we were too sacred not too. I found them very well organised and all tour guides very good. It might sound silly but I loved how the constantly updated you on how long it was until the next restroom stop/ eating time. We found the activities and the shops catered for an older clientele which makes sense as we were certainly in the minority on the ship- not that we minded. We took part in some of the activities. I'm sure I've left loads out but overall we had an amazing time, i'd read the whole of the internet before we left! And was particularly worried about a few bad reviews but it is what you make it and we made it amazing. We got engaged in Cozumel so Reflection will always have a special place in our hearts!

Holiday of a lifetime

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Laumat19

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
What a holiday!

Laumat19’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Reflection price drops

Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah (partially obstructed view)
Cabin 2C 6145
Loved our cabin. We originally booked an oceanview room and when the deal changed we rang our TA and she upgraded us to this one. We loved it. The obstruction was one of the posts that holds up the life boats so half the balcony was unobstructed. To be honest you have to stand to see out anyway so we didn't mind. I don't think we would ever book without a balcony. I thought the bed was super comfy despite all the negative reviews I had read and the room was spacious, loads of hangers etc. We asked for our mini bar to be removed so we could store our own drinks. They provide you with cans of fizzy juice unopened so it was great to have a fridge. We were close enough but fair enough from the elevators and the room was cleaned well. There was shampoo and condition provided but no shower gel- just a bar which i didn't really like. We would happily stay here again
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins