Sun Princess Cruise Review

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Nombie

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We chose this cruise firstly because it left Sydney harbour, secondly because it arrived in Hong Kong harbour and then for what was in between. We visited Brisbane and did a tour of town, lunch some shopping etc. Our next stop was Darwin where we went to Crocasaurus cove and did the cage of death with a croc, awesome. We visited Lombok where we snorkelled with Gemma from Mimpi Manis Snorkel Trips for the day, then to Ho Chi Minh City where we did a day tour with the ship, it was awesome. We visited Nha Trang also with the ship, we just could not have fitted it all in without these tours, we saw heaps.

But the highlight for us was Hong Kong. 2 nights with the ship which was a very good idea, then we were on our own.

We loved all the sea days at the beginning of the cruise and totally got into trivia, read a couple of books, great weather for swimming every day, the only thing I would say is there is just not enough shade around the pools, especially the back round one, (Sun Princess) but even around the other 2 the ones under the upper level get snapped up so fast.

A pet peeve is seeing people in the pool or spa that are drinking and they dont move for sometimes over an hour, you know who you are and dont think that no one notices.

This was for our 30th wedding anniversary and we booked at Share by Curtis Stone for our special dinner. The food was very nice but I came away feeling cheated, I really dont feel like we vot our moneys worth. Also I swear, unless my math is wrong, you actually pay $2.00 more for the fixed menu then buying a la carte...as I said maybe I'm wrong.

I do think there is still work to be done on getting people off the ship in a timely manner at ports, Nha Trang was a disaster getting off, and there were a few hot heads letting steam off at staff that are just giving numbers out etc that have nothing to with how long it takes go get you off the ship.

We had such a good time, the food was good, far too good for my waistline, the staff were friendly, my room was always clean and tidy, good coffee at the International cafe, no where else though, but bring ba k happy hour, what is the deal with that....its a great way to meet people.

Now, I wonder what my next cruise will be......Princess of course!!

Nombie's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA B603

In the middleish closer to the back elevator than the middle, tiny bathroom, soft bed, good closet, not as good as the Golden though

This was an awesome day. We were picked up at port then driven to the area where the boat was to take us to the Vili Islands for a full day of snorkeling with lunch at one of the islands, then dropped back at the port at the end of a fantastic day.

View All undefined undefined Reviews