Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Interesting ship, nice staterooms, with caveats

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by HarleyDudeBos

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda

To cruise on new ship is like driving a new car: Everything is new, shiny and works. There were very few issues on board that I encountered. Embarkation was fast and easy and we were on board in under 10 minutes. I had a concierge class stateroom on deck 11 mid ship. Very spacious, although with limited closet space. We had to store suitcases under the bed. Our steward was very attentive and took good care of the morning and evening service to room. I like the towel animal art sometimes, but I didn't get that from this steward on Edge. Restaurants are above average - the four standard dining rooms each have a different flair - French, Greek, Italian, and Contemporary - and nightly specialty menus for the receptive dining room. I enjoyed the Normandie and Tuscany rooms the best. I did the Le Petit Chef dinner and it was ok. I though the portions were small, but the animation was fun. The Raw on 5 sushi restaurant was good, but I'm not sure it was worth the $50 per person premium surcharge. The only thing that i didn't like was an occasional long wait for elevators on the ship. While the Edge is a great ship, I thought the hype prior to the cruise about how amazing the ship is, was a bit overdone. It's a cruise ship. Its target audience is probably not families, but more sophisticated couples. Not a lot of the extra fun stuff like on some Royal Caribbean ships.

HarleyDudeBos's Full Rating Summary