3. Carnival Fascination
This is my 3rd time on this itinerary but first time on Fascination. Love the stops but not the ship. The service on the serenity deck was lacking. Sometimes it took an hour to get a drink. There were kids under 21 all over the place on the serenity deck as well which made it a challenge to get a spot. The buffet area was crowded and again the service for cleaning tables was slow. The formal dining was nice, and the service was good. Waiters learned our names and preferences right away. However, the room itself felt small and claustrophobic making it hard to see the activity during the show times. The "sports bar" is just that in name. There are 4 televisions but 3 are solely for showing commercials for products they are selling on the ship. The register is in front of the only one showing sports, so you spent the majority of the time looking at the back of the bartenders heads. I went during March madness. Impossible to watch a game in there. So small, only one television, and they schedule band performances in a cramped area making it impossible to hear or talk to anybody. Absolutely the worst setup for a "sports bar" I have ever seen. I missed having a large TV screen on the Lido deck over the pool area that I have seen on many other ships. I find it nice and relaxing to sit out under the stars and watch movies on the giant screen. Also helps make it easier to see what is happening during events like ice carving, hairy chest, etc. Like I said earlier though, the port stops are great and help offset how lacking the ship is. I would do the itinerary again but would never go on this ship. I think of the ships as floating hotels. I’m on shore doing stuff all day so the ship is a place to eat, have a few drinks, and then sleep. Typically, I consider Carnival ships to be along the Holiday Inn level – get the job done at a great cost. This one felt much more along the lines of Motel 6. It got me where I was going and that was about it.

Great itinerary, not a fan of the boat

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by GoFlyers

The buffet area was crowded and again the service for cleaning tables was slow.

GoFlyers’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fascination price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B E151
Room was very noisy. Not much you can do about loud, obnoxious drunks in the halls. However, the room itself was very noisy. Sounded like they were always loading/unloading equipment below us. Had to buy earplugs while in port just to get some sleep.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins