3. Carnival Pride
We went with two other couples and chose this crew as we are from Pittsburgh and Baltimore is only 3.5 hours drive. This was the first cruise for my husband and my first cruise on Carnival. My last cruise was about 10 years ago on a different cruise lin and I was interested to see what had changed since I had last cruised. Pros: - We loved our stateroom with a balcony. We were midship which was perfect as we didn't feel the motion of the ship as much as the front or back. We had enough room to move around and didn't feel claustrophic. Our room was very clean and room steward Yudi was helpful and friendly as he provided me ice every night due to my one foot swelling. -The Lido Deck with the different food stations in addition to Guy's Burger Joint and the Blue Iquana Cantina were excellent. - Daily Entertainment on the ship in the bars and 2nd floor atrium were good. - Liked our Cruise Director, Dr. E. Thought he was funny and talented. - Overall we thought the ship and restrooms very clean. The staff we met were friendly and helpful when we had questions. - Enjoyed the ports especially Half Moon Cay with the lunch buffet. That was the best stop in our opinion. In Freeport we did the Dolphin Close Encounter which was great. The drivers to and from the Unexso facility were not at all friendly. They were there to haul us back and forth and nothing more. However once at the facility, everyone there were friendly. The boat captain was great and funny. The dolphin trainers were funny and extremely knowledgeable answering questions about the dolphins. Cons: - Difficult to find seating if you got there after 9 am especially at Serenity Pool. The 3 hot tubs were always crowded and the 6 of us could never get in together. - Grand Turk: The island is beautiful, however there is no mention about how rocky the beach is to swim and to recommend some type of water shoe if going in the water. My husband had to swim much further out to get away from the rocks. - Dining. We thought the food lackluster and just okay. Most of the time the food was luke warm. We had the anytime dining option so each night we were seated in different areas of the restaurant with different wait staff. We were very pleased with Ariastini and Yovanni who were our waitstaff on the first and last nights of the cruise. We would have loved to be seated at their tables each night. . The biggest issue was from Thursday to Saturday no matter what time we showed up from early (6 pm) to a little later, we always had a 30 minute wait time to get seated. In addition, one night for dessert was the Creme Brulee. It was so delicious that we requested to have it again for dinner the next night. Our waiter said he would notify the chef and tp just let the server know we had ordered the dessert. That never happened. After much miscommunication and speaking with the hostess several times, we ended up not getting until the last night of cruise. - Entertainment was average. We really enjoyed the hypnotist show and the Music from the 80's. However the last 2 nights with the adult comedians were truly vulgar and not remotely funny and a waste of our time. - Debarkation. What a nightmare. Minimal Communication for those who opted to have luggage checked and received zone numbers plus a bottle of rum which was in a protective carrier managed to get broke and soaked everything in that luggage. Overall I liked the Pride since it was a smaller ship and easier to move around. It was clean and staff were friendly and helpful. My husband really enjoyed Half Moon Cay where he could get in the water and sit on the beach. Very disappointed in the evening meals. I would not take this particular cruise again since I am not a fan of the Bahamas but enjoyed visiting Grand Turk.

Some areas great, other areas not so great

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by rubyred56

Pros:

- Daily Entertainment on the ship in the bars and 2nd floor atrium were good.

- Liked our Cruise Director, Dr. E. Thought he was funny and talented.

rubyred56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 4187
We loved our cabin. Very clean and spacious. We were surprised how nicely sized the room was and were not claustrophobic. The men sat on the balcony every day. We loved getting a different towel animal each day and guessing what it was. Our room steward Yudi was friendly and helpful. He provided me with ice each night for my foot that kept swelling so I could wrap it. We always got clean beach towels.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins